Thread: A Central Montana Falconing newb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Central Montana Falconing newb

I am an aspiring falconer looking for any advice for complete beginners and looking for a group in central montana (around Belt and Great Falls) to show me the ropes and hopefully apprentice me sometime. Any advice is welcome and wanted!

Hello and welcome! We are a pretty spread out group here in Montana but we are around. There are a couple of folks on this site that are around the Great Falls area -- I am down near Hamilton myself.
    a couple of things since you are new to the forum in new to falconry in general--make sure you go into your user CP and get your signature set up with your name in it so we know who were talking to! the other one you will learn as you study and learn more about the sport--"falconing" isn't a word :p

If you haven't already, make sure you get the Montana falconry guidelines off the Fish Wildlife and Parks website and start reading as much as you can. Passing your written exam is a great way to start showing prospective sponsors that you are serious and you've already taken that first step in education and commitment. I will see if I can direct some of the folks closest to you to this thread if they are members. Again, welcome!
    ~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

I found out soon after falconing isn't a word lol. I'm calling the FWP with my father in the morning. I've done a bunch of reading on the sport also. I plan to past the written exam, because that part is rather important :p. Thanks for all the advice and help!

Thread Information