Thread: Hallo from Republic of Georgia

Default Hallo from Republic of Georgia

Hello my name is levan Doborjginidze I'm from Republic of Georgia it's a small country in East Europe with the big falconeri culture.
    It's a big pleasure to be here in this forum meet falconer's and exchange experience.

FB_IMG_1540024755520.jpgFB_IMG_1540024796474.jpgFB_IMG_1540024693944.jpg

Welcome Levan! We're friends on facebook and I see you and your friends fly many sparrowhawks, a bird I wish we had here in the US, and also goshawks. How does the personality of the sparrowhawk compare with the goshawks that you've flown? I've heard that they are similar, but I'd like to hear from you as a person who has flown both. Thanks.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Hallo Mr Paul , yes we have goshawk and mostly sparrowhawk here in Georgia we have one of the biggest migration way so we really trapping to much sparrowhawk sometimes Daly 30 sparrowhawk, of course we choose the best , training sparrowhawk is easy mostly 1 week enough for training and after we can hunting with them . Keep them need big experience and knowledges because they are small Birds and there is a big risk about disease. But I think here everybody know how to keep birds.

Now about goshawk mostly we trap local nesting birds, they are little bit smaller then Northern goshawk , the weight average around male 500-700gr female 900-1200 gr , from my experience training them need around one month something less or more it depends of bird character . In both of situation for training raptors we use shrike on the stick .

P.s we release sparrowhawk after quail hunting season . It's around 2 max 3 months

Have added a nice post. $1 web hosting service will give you a nice post

Quote Originally Posted by Levana90 View Post
    Hallo Mr Paul , yes we have goshawk and mostly sparrowhawk here in Georgia we have one of the biggest migration way so we really trapping to much sparrowhawk sometimes Daly 30 sparrowhawk, of course we choose the best , training sparrowhawk is easy mostly 1 week enough for training and after we can hunting with them . Keep them need big experience and knowledges because they are small Birds and there is a big risk about disease. But I think here everybody know how to keep birds.

Now about goshawk mostly we trap local nesting birds, they are little bit smaller then Northern goshawk , the weight average around male 500-700gr female 900-1200 gr , from my experience training them need around one month something less or more it depends of bird character . In both of situation for training raptors we use shrike on the stick .
    thanks for your post! Can you share pics of your goshawks? What quarry do you fly them on there? I imagine you have Hungarian Partridge or Gray Partridge? Chukar? What are the preferred dogs there? More descriptions and photos of how you trap, train/manning would be of great interest here
    John
    Bend, OR

FB_IMG_1544591393761.jpg I fly goshawk mostly male , now I have English setter , we have Gray and rock partridge, but Gray are less rock is hard to hunt , so I hunt duck and pheasant , want try woodcock now so we will see it's not easy FB_IMG_1544591550927.jpg

Cool! How many falconers in your country do you think? Is it hard getting permission to hunt on private land?
    John
    Bend, OR

So it's big story , it's around 300 mostly sparrowhawk hunters , we have Very old culture heritage , so trapping was tradition but now 2 year's ago ministery of environment made new law about protecting all kinds of animals and birds and trapping became illegal , you can hunt with gun and with bird of pray if you have captive breed bird , but tradition was trapping bird of pray hunting with him and release after season , for sparrowhawk , and after 3-4 year for goshawk and falcon , now we are working to make new falconry law almost same like in USA because we falconers think if we want keep tradition s it's best way )

So it's big story , it's around 300 mostly sparrowhawk hunters , we have Very old culture heritage , so trapping was tradition but now 2 year's ago ministery of environment made new law about protecting all kinds of animals and birds and trapping became illegal , you can hunt with gun and with bird of pray if you have captive breed bird , but tradition was trapping bird of pray hunting with him and release after season , for sparrowhawk , and after 3-4 year for goshawk and falcon , now we are working to make new falconry law almost same like in USA because we falconers think if we want keep tradition s it's best way )
    Wow that sucks! Good luck getting the law changed back!
    John
    Bend, OR

Thank you we will do it !

That is so sad to hear. I fear hearing this happen anywhere for the precedence it could lead to around the world. Change is not always for the better.
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Hallo dear friend I'm visiting Florida, i don't know any falconers in this area , will be great to see falconry hunting in Florida can someone give me some advice where i can meet falconers in Florida , thank you , best regards.

Levana, i see from earlier posts that you are/were active on FaceBook. If so, try to reach out to Eric Edwards and see if he can be of some help. Enjoy your visit to the US and Happy New Year.

Best,
    Bill aka BARBOURHOODS on facebook.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Thank you so much ��

Thread Information