Geoff,
I've previously commented on the misinformation regarding Ralphs role in NR take in Montana, and apparently I once again have to clear things up. For years Ralph championed a NR take in Montana only to be soundly rebuffed by the majority of the Montana club members, myself included. We wanted no part of something that potentially could impede the wild take that we had at our disposal, which was no limits on any thing other than of course Peregrines, which had no wild take at that time. Until we were assured that a NR take would not affect the established take regulations already in place for residents, we did not support non residents coming here to trap. Ralph ALWAYS was in support of NR take, but because the majority of the club was not, he presented to those that asked that Montana was against it. Again, RALPH WAS ALWAYS IN SUPPORT FROM THE BEGINNING, in fact he initially proposed a NR take in the late 80's. As far as my impression of the AFC, what they did in Montana was wrong, and last I heard, my opinion is just as valid as anyone else.