Quote Originally Posted by falcon56 View Post
Geoff, I'm not a supporter of the AFC, and I get the impression you're not a NAFA supporter. We each, as well as everyone has the prerogative to choose that which they choose to support or not(DUH), but, and this goes a bit off subject here, you would have to agree that the falconry you have been, and currently practice could not be what it is without the work NAFA has done for all of us over the years.
As soon as Ralph Rogers left the leadership of NAFA I was able to hold my nose and rejoin. Call me grudgingly supportive. I have paid dues to NAFA ever since that happened, and even weighed in frequently on the "issues". And just to clearly put this all in context, I am not a member of the AFC either although I did pay dues one year. I should fix that though.

And no, I would not have to agree with that statement. In fact, only the most partisan of partisan hacks would say that such a position is irrefutable. The level of falconry that I currently practice is in spite of the [incompetent] work that NAFA has done, not because of it. I would be happy to discuss that in a different context, in a different forum, or even better over a beverage while enjoying a fire, but I will not drift any further into the weeds on that point here. Oh, and before you think I am just a whiner, I am politically astute and know how to make things happen at both a State and a Federal level and have a few political wins to my credit here in my WA.

Again, as I said in my first response, this is the AFC area, for them to talk about their agenda and yes, even at times brag on it. Not the right place for AFC bashing nor for NAFA flag waving and especially not for the "Is it NAFA or the AFC that is pond scum" debate.