Thread: Preliminary Injunction Filed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dboyrollz76 View Post
    I understand, it’s kinda like how your trying to hijack a persons freedom of speech because they may not be on par with your club or post on to many threads. I have not seen anywhere in the forum rules that says a person can only post on certain threads or only so many. Throughout history delegation of negative points of topic have diverted disaster.
    First Amendment rights cannot be hijacked on internet forums, because they don't exist there. There is nothing in forum rules about how often or on what topics one may post. However, hijacking threads is a well-known tactic. Those who call it out are not depriving anyone of their Constitutional rights. Thanks for playing.
    Bridget

"We have met the enemy and he is us."
    Pogo Possum

dboyrollz76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
    First Amendment rights cannot be hijacked on internet forums, because they don't exist there. There is nothing in forum rules about how often or on what topics one may post. However, hijacking threads is a well-known tactic. Those who call it out are not depriving anyone of their Constitutional rights. Thanks for playing.
    first amendment rights exist anywhere any time. Including this forum. Upon signing up you’ve read the rule agreed to terms of conditions. By doing this you agree to waive your free speech and agree not to talk about religion or politics. Along with harassment or flaming on other forum members. Violation in your agreement You can be penalized. It’s a fundamental right to ones own expression in many ways. The only time that freedom dose not exist is when you knowingly and willingly, for whatever ever reason are coerced or are willing to give that right away.

Quote Originally Posted by dboyrollz76 View Post
    The only time that freedom dose not exist is when you knowingly and willingly, for whatever ever reason are coerced or are willing to give that right away.
    Like inspections on a falconry permit??
    Eric Edwards

dboyrollz76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ericedw View Post
    Like inspections on a falconry permit??
    I would believe so, I’m pretty sure everyone read the regulations upon signing on as part of the permit Your are basically asked to waiver your right to unwarranted search and profitable use of raptors held on your permit. No one was tricked or lead to believe otherwise. It’s the same as if your sitting in a courtroom being tried and your asked if you want a attorney and you say no, and the records show you waived this right.
    Sure, you can pound somebody’s face into the construction, and probably win these kinds of cases. It’s not a for sure thing. Especially if the sole purpose is to nullify your agreement. And no wrong or harm was done to you and the letter of law followed with lawful procedures as stated it the regulations you agreed to when signing your permit application.
    If the falconry community finds this issue more than unbearable, a legislative approach would probably be far more productive.

Legislative approaches have been tried on both the federal and state level, didn't work. Next step it seems would be to let the courts decide, we'll see how it turns out. Personally, I hope the plaintiffs win. And I applaud their courage.
    Eric Edwards

Thread Information