Quote Originally Posted by ericedw View Post
Me, 3 times in the past 3 years. Our state agency has decided to inspect all "captive wildlife" permit holders every 2 years, falconry falls under that group.

So, sounds like if it's not your problem then it doesn't matter?
As a person who agrees completely with Martin Niemoller it most certainly is of concern though whether or not it is a "problem" the jury is still out.

What constitutes an inspection? Do they make an appt at a reasonably convenient day and time? What exactly do they feel they are entitled to inspect? Is this a 15 minute deal where you show them your 3-186's, they see if you have a reasonable mews and equipment and then vanish or is it some sort of witch hunt? I am banking on you being reasonable in assessing the witch hunt thing because there are some who feel that if a cop drives by their house the man is trying to keep them down.

I suspect that 3 times in 3 years is a bit excessive but how do they decide who gets inspected and how often? For example I would contend that if an apprentice gets ditched by their sponsor who says they are a disaster and their bird is not well cared for then that might be a reasonable cause to take a peek.