Thread: Aerovision for non-apple platforms

Default Aerovision for non-apple platforms

Ever since the first release of Aerovision and the Marshall GPS package, we have been told this will be available "soon" for other platforms.

I have been anxiously awaiting "soon". I am ready to buy a GPS transmitter whenever "soon" comes. Do we have any dates more firm than "soon"? When is "soon"?
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

They are working on a GPS system for pigeons at the moment I dont think the Android version is high on their list. ��
    Michael Cogar

Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
    Ever since the first release of Aerovision and the Marshall GPS package, we have been told this will be available "soon" for other platforms.

I have been anxiously awaiting "soon". I am ready to buy a GPS transmitter whenever "soon" comes. Do we have any dates more firm than "soon"? When is "soon"?
    Email me direct when you have a minute.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

I don’t ever recall seeing anything about the android platform being developed or available “soon”....
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

I asked about it when ordering batteries and transmitter parts a couple weeks ago. I was told they were working on it. When I asked if it would be available before next season the response was something like "we hope so".
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Last time I called they told me not to expect it soon.... Had to break down and go to ICRAP! IT was hard to swallow but the system is great!
    Phil Salvati Perry, OK
    "The journey is the reward"

There was a detailed post about this somewhere. On the GPS user group page maybe. In a nutshell it said it worked well on some Android devices, but not reliably on others. They cant release it if it doesn't work across all Android platforms (what would be the point if it only worked on 3-4 specific devices).
    Again I'm just paraphrasing so don't take it as gospel.
    I'm no fan of ios either, but man the GPS system is nothing short of amazing.
    Ryan S.

It only works on 3-4 specific devices as it is...
    - Robert

They're off and running! And it's neck and neck into the first turn to see if Marshall comes up with Android or Microsensory comes up with 4G connectivity first.

Recaps,
    Thomas of the Bookies
    Tom Munson, Buckeye, AZ
    619-379-2656, tom@munson.us

If ya want split hairs... including the 3.0 version there has to be at least 6-10 compatible ios devices it will run on maybe more. All the different iPhones, the ipad mini, standard, and pro models. That's a fair number of options.

Believe me I'm not thrilled about having to buy not one but two ios devices to run the app, but to me the cost was worth it and then some. (Had to upgrade to a newer ipad when 4.0 came out).

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't be any threads talking about ios emulators. There are a bunch of them out there and I'm sure some of the tech savy Millennials out there could get areovision to run on it. Be worth looking into if you want to run areovision on Android right now.
    Ryan S.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansintx View Post
    If ya want split hairs... including the 3.0 version there has to be at least 6-10 compatible ios devices it will run on maybe more. All the different iPhones, the ipad mini, standard, and pro models. That's a fair number of options.

Believe me I'm not thrilled about having to buy not one but two ios devices to run the app, but to me the cost was worth it and then some. (Had to upgrade to a newer ipad when 4.0 came out).

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't be any threads talking about ios emulators. There are a bunch of them out there and I'm sure some of the tech savy Millennials out there could get areovision to run on it. Be worth looking into if you want to run areovision on Android right now.
    Ryan S.
    I'm not a hair splitter, so,big iPhone, little iPhone, Big iPad,Medium iPad, Small iPad. 5 devices. That's partially sarcasm, but I would rather they release the Droid version, and double that number, or if splitting hairs, increase the number of devices by 25-30% or so. But, is what it is. I got he SE couple years back for GPS, hated it, but GPS worth it.
    - Robert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHawk View Post
    big iPhone, little iPhone, Big iPad,Medium iPad, Small iPad.
    I enjoy a good bit of sarcasm so I got a chuckle out of that one. Sad but true same stuff different size packages. I will also be happy when I can run it on my galaxy.
    Moral of the story is at least there working on it. Hopefully sooner then later.
    Ryan S.

Hate Apple, Hate the Patriots! LOL You all crack me up!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's nice to see NAFEXs top poster joining in again...Was starting to think someone might catch and pass him.
    John

Thread Information