Quote Originally Posted by Ezly88 View Post
Chris that's what I want to experience the whole actual blood and sweat the hours in the woods or back road trapping your bird actual field work I love all that to me in my opinion in any type of hunting it's the field work you put in what makes you a hunter not the the many books you have in your library at home which I understand you can learn new methods and tips to make your life easier and the birds but I mean if your sponsor has any knowledge I'm sure you would learn what you need to learn from your sponsor if I had the ability to sponsor someone I'd be eager to teach that way I'd have buddy's to hunt with and enjoy nature in the field, and continue this ancient sport instead of lettingit be forgotten I'm a carpenter I always have access to building materials and a electrician so the expense on that part is no issue for me I already made my own hoods and anklets I love building my own things it's part of the fun for me I'm still looking for the right glove think I found one I'm probly going to order it next week idk I've breed pigeons and chickens I know the work involved in caring
That is one heck of a run on sentence.

You do learn what you need to learn from your sponsor, however you're not going to just magically get a sponsor that's worth anything without putting in the work first. You need to show you're dedicated, and hunt with other people for a season or two before you'll get an offer of sponsorship. We are not just sitting around looking for "buddies" to teach. Most of us already have friends to hunt with, and most of the folks wanting to get into falconry just think it's cool and want a pet hawk, not to actually hunt. Learning and being a brush beater for a season or more before starting shows that you are truly dedicated and that you have the time for falconry. It also gives you a step up so that you don't make stupid mistakes with your first bird, because you've had the opportunity to learn FIRST by watching someone else train and handle their birds.

This sport is not in danger of being forgotten, but reality is, not everyone interested in it is cut out for it. Falconry is a lot of work, time, and patience. If you're not willing to put that in now, how will anyone be able to believe you'll be willing to put that in when you have your own bird?