Thread: Hello from Illinois

Default Hello from Illinois

Hello guys and thank you for letting me join the forum!

I live in Illinois, I have loved raptors ever since I was a young boy. My father had a red tail when I was around 7. I am now 59! I have always wanted to get my licence, but work had always gotten in the way with travel. Now all that is behind me. I have been studding for the test for a long time and am now ready to get it done. I have some great hunting property in Illinois and would really enjoy the opportunity to hunt along side and learn from general or master falconer. as soon as I take my test I will be sure to let you all know! cant wait. Thank you Cliff

to NAFEX, Cliff! Enjoy your journey into falconry.
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Good luck Cliff, there are some falconers in your part of the state who are members of Great Lakes Falconry Association. Check them out; they will have a field meet coming up later in February. I went to their Feb. meet 2 years ago, and it was what really got me in hot pursuit of apprenticeship. Redtails, goshawks, harris' hawks, and peregrines were all doing their thing that Saturday. It's worth your time to go and get a view from the field, and watch the falconers handle their hawks....i think i just talked myself into going again this year...lol.
    scott
    scott heberer
    ..."they will soar on wings like eagles.."

Hello just wanted to give an update on my journey. I took my test in March and passed it. With guidance from my sponsor I built my first muse and whether yard had my inspection yesterday and passed. My sponsor Michael was present for the inspection which really help me .I submitted the paperwork for my license looking so forward to the beginning of the season thank you from Illinois!

Sounds great, Cliff! With your mews built and all legal hoops jumped, you have reason to be really looking forward to the beginning of the season! Look forward to hearing about the hawk you trap and your adventures together. Meanwhile, enjoy your summer!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thread Information