Thread: Hello!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello!!

I am in the panhandle of Florida, and new to falconry in general. I am, however, very interested in Falconry. I just don't know where to start looking for someone to show me what it is actually like. Ive read a bit about it, but I'm sure books are very different from the real thing. If anyone near Crestview Florida would be willing to show me just what Falconry is like, the good and the bad, I would love that. I don't want to jump into Falconry without knowing the daily routine of it.

dboyrollz76 Guest

Seasons pretty much over, you’ll have to wait till next season to get in the field with a falconer. But You can still contact the Florida club and Florida fish and wildlife and ask if they can send you a falconry packet. Our state send a packet with a list of general and master falconers and contact info. The apprentice falconry permit application and a list of Various books to study for the test.

Thanks! i already sent a request for a list of falconers, and their contact info. Do i need to specifically ask for a falconry packet?

dboyrollz76 Guest

I couldn’t tell ya, I’m not a Florida resident. If your getting contact information that’s the best place to start. I will say falconry takes a special kind of crazy. It’s not something to get into on a passing craze. This is why a lot of falconers want potential apprentice to, jump through a few hoops. Like joining the club, attending a few field meets and hunting trips. It takes dedication. I guess this is how sponsors determine dedication. Wether you’ll drive 3 hours to a meet or be bucking at the gate at 6 am in 30 degree weather ready to shadow them in the field.

Thread Information