Thread: Hello from GA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from GA

Hello all, my name is Jesse and I am now finishing my third season. I fly a male redtail named Brutis on squirrels, rabbits, and anything else he wants to chase. I have also trained one coops that was fun, but I wasn't able to put her on enough game for my liking so I released her.

Jesse

Jimmy Guest

The bulldog has arrived........

Jesse,
    great to have you on the site. How was your season? Are you going to intermew brutis?? .

Again welcome and I hope to get to down to Ga again real soon...
    ~Chris L.

"Do just once, what others say you can't do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again... "

Default Sqr. Hawker

Jess:
    Welcome to the site. I also hunt sqr. with a Rt. Sounds like a lot of the guys take sqr. in GA. I hope you are going to have Brutus for next year, those RT get better and better as they get older. Post anytime you feel like it.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Glad to have you Jesse!

Welcome!
    Thanks,
    Wes

Hey Chris, Brutis and I had a pretty good season. He's a good bird and I am planning on keeping him.
    Do you also fly a redtail Chris?

Jesse

Jimmy Guest

Brutis is a keeper for sure. Well mannered, good hunter, and a LOT of fun to watch. He also made the money shot this weekend [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse
    Hey Chris, Brutis and I had a pretty good season. He's a good bird and I am planning on keeping him.
    Do you also fly a redtail Chris?

Jesse
    Jess, I flew a Rt in the begining of the year but let him go and started to fly a HH and a coops

You have to come up to Sc some time.. I would like to see your bird fly
    ~Chris L.

"Do just once, what others say you can't do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again... "

Hey Chris, I would really like to come to SC sometime and hunt with you guys. I have a friend who just moved here from there and says it is a great place for squirrels and rabbits. Maybe I'll be able to make it to the SC field meet next year. I know Jimmy had a good time up there.
    How did you do with the coops? I had fun with mine, I just needed more good places to hunt.

Jesse

Hey Chris, I would really like to come to SC sometime and hunt with you guys.

How did you do with the coops? I had fun with mine, I just needed more good places to hunt.

Jesse
    Jesse, Any time you want to come you are more than welcome. I have plenty of room at the house and Jen loves to entertain.. so come on up

The coops was going great.. I was free flying her and she was going after game and hunting hard. until she got bitten by a ferral cat..
    ~Chris L.

manok Guest

Jesse, is just being polite.
    Brutis, his bird is well trained & capable of doubles, triples & more, all in a days work.
    I had the pleasure of hunting squirrel with them two years ago.
    We caught a double, ( if my memory serves me correctly today ) Brutis was looking for more.
    At the start of the season Jesse & Brutis had caught some sixteen squirrel before I had chance to brush the dust off Solomon.
    Jesse good to see you onboard, hope to read some of your exploits & opinions in the future.

Damn he's ALIVE.... [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] good to see you on the boards davy..I hope the job is going easy on ya/.. great to see you post man
    ~Chris L.

manok Guest

" Alive & kicking " [smilie=banana.gif] .

I'm still here, been keeping up with the posts [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] .

Nothing much to say as the season has wound down.

Now I get to take care of all the things I avoided whilst hunting season was upon us. lawn care, new mew [smilie=bs.gif] .

Footnote, if I was to build another ' jump box ' I'd paint it white, or a light khaki.

The green didn't go down too well during the winter as everything around was dead or dying.

White would keep the interior cooler as well [smilie=iamwithstupid.gif] .

Nobody said they liked the stripes on the box either [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif]

Hey Davy, good to hear from you. I know you had a very successful season with your bird as well.
    Hopefully we'll get to hunt together again next year.

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L.
    The coops was going great.. I was free flying her and she was going after game and hunting hard. until she got bitten by a ferral cat..
    Chris, sorry to hear about this...what was the outcome of the cat bite? I had my tiercel HH decide to take a 4+lb barn cat 2 months ago and luckily with some quickly administered meds and time he came through it ok, but I was scared to death and had heard nothing but horror stories regarding cats and "smallish" hawks.

Lee
    ~ Lee
    "Nature does nothing uselessly." Aristotle

Lee, Not good my friend. The toxins from the bite went into her feet within 24 hours and caused sever damage to the microvasculature of her feet. .. I wont hijack this thread and post in Nacho's thread on the details.. its crazy how fast it took over. I know have a new found hate for ferrel cats.

It is great to hear your HH did ok with it.. it is as toxic as you have heard. I have seen it first hand
    ~Chris L.

Default Cats

Chris:
    Sorry to hear about the cat and your Cooper. Doesn't sound good.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Thread Information