Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
You heard wrong. Dan did not resign from the eagle committee, he was pushed out by someone who was jealous of his position and wanted his job. I know this from several sources, including Dan himself. He did resign from NAFA (or more correctly, refused to renew his dues) because of how he was treated. He told me today he is done with the skunk pissing in this thread - which is wise of him - so that is as far as I will take it here and now.

I did not mention Brian, why did you?

That is who I was referring to, but I refrain from dragging peoples name through the mud when they are not around to wipe it off. I did not disrespect him, what I stated is exactly what happened. There are a lot more things that I could say that I did not, things that are well known by those who know him and watched events unfold. As a side note, I think it is rather odd that you are implying that just because the guy is from the same state as me I should be looking up to him. That actually is precisely why I know the nature of that particular proverbial leopard's spots. Some I admire, more that I do not.

Also, dont begin to put words in my mouth. I did not say that he was a dismal failure on the eagle committee. I actually have no idea what, if anything, he did with his position on that committee. I expressed some harsh criticism over the lack of action in keeping eagle take open, but that is a fact based statement. On that particular point, he was asleep at his post.
Well, good, then I can have the last say. These damn skunks anyway.

Whether you mentioned Brian's name or not, you drug him through the mud. It isn't as if many of us didn't know who you were talking about. And, if "there was a guy who liked to think of himself as an eagle falconer and liked to think he was a significant contributor to eagle falconry that leveraged Dan off the eagle committee and got himself installed as the chair of the eagle committee instead, and under the watch of this guy, eagle falconry trapping was shut down without any effort at all to counter it" is not disrespect, and a statement of "dismal failure," then I don't know what is. And, you are right, he is not here to defend himself. At least Dan is, although "silence is golden," particularly under some circumstances. And please understand everyone, Dan has certainly disrespected me a few times over the years, both publicly and otherwise. What goes around, comes around.

The end.

Bill Boni