Thread: Hal Webster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hal Webster

From the NAFA Facebook Page

"It is with the deepest sorrow that we announce the passing of NAFA founder Hal Webster. Hal was the driving force in starting NAFA and we are eternally grateful to him and his contributions to North American Falconry. Please keep Hal and his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

From Greg Thomas:

'Falconry and NAFA have lost one of our best.
    I awakened to the sad news that Hal Webster, Sr. passed last night. He was just over 99 years and 3 months old.

He was my dear friend for over 53 years. So much could be said of his contributions to our sport and this organization.' "

Hal_Webster.jpg

Webster-001.jpg
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

RIP
    Chi M.

I will always remember having breakfast with Hal, Frank Beebe and Frank Bond at the California Hawking Club's meet in Bakersfield in 2000! At Frank Bond's invitation. We spent the better part of two hours chatting and sharing stories.

That was almost 20 years ago. All three of those gentlemen are gone now and I'm finding myself smiling and feeling sad at the same time. I was sitting among three legends! I wish I had a photo of our time together. However, that small moment in time is forever burned into my memory!
    Dan McCarron
    John 3: 16

Quote Originally Posted by wyodjm View Post
    I will always remember having breakfast with Hal, Frank Beebe and Frank Bond at the California Hawking Club's meet in Bakersfield in 2000! At Frank Bond's invitation. We spent the better part of two hours chatting and sharing stories.

That was almost 20 years ago. All three of those gentlemen are gone now and I'm finding myself smiling and feeling sad at the same time. I was sitting among three legends! I wish I had a photo of our time together. However, that small moment in time is forever burned into my memory!
    Great memory Dan, thanks for sharing.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

I first met Hal 38 years ago. I had the privilege to transport Hal and his wonderful caretaker, along with the Swifts, to the Archives for the April 2018 Rendezvous. He was very feeble and had a hard time speaking but his mind was as sharp as a tack. He was mostly treated like royalty by those attending. He still loved his single malt scotch. Bet he is now in heaven now flying gyrs!

Jack Brannon
    ID & TX

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    "It is with the deepest sorrow that we announce the passing of NAFA founder Hal Webster. Hal was the driving force in starting NAFA and we are eternally grateful to him and his contributions to North American Falconry."

I am glad to see that officially stated by NAFA. This was not always recognized or appreciated by the NAFA leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by wyodjm View Post

Wow, considering how far apart Hal and Frank had drifted that is a treat to hear about. I had met both Hal and Frank on a few occasions over the last 20 years, but there were large time and geography separations. Unfortunately, I never was able to engage in conversation with Hal beyond a hello and a warm handshake.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post

I am glad to see that officially stated by NAFA. This was not always recognized or appreciated by the NAFA leadership.
    From the NAFA website:

Founders_NAFA.JPG

Founders2_NAFA.JPG
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Caught my first Jack rabbit in front of Hal at the NAFA meet in Vernal. Will never forget that moment, or him. Thanks for all you did, Hal!
    Paul Rifle, Colorado
    A lot of birds I've flown have been smarter than a lot of people I have met.

Thank you for posting this Paul.. a legend for sure
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Thread Information