Quote Originally Posted by robbeth View Post
I live in south Jersey lots of farms left. Not like it used to be but still a lot central still has quite a bit too in certain areas. Northern NJ is what most people think of . Don't get me wrong I want out of the state too. lol but not because of lack of hunting ground or game. Our meet is one of the best .in a good area Lots of game and good people.
The problem with places like Jersey is that what is left of the rural landscape exists on a ticking timer. When I was a kid there were open spaces but now when I go back they are all strip malls and townhouses.
You are simply too close to too many people and more keep arriving. They all sort of squish of the population centers looking for cheaper housing or for a small chunk of a lawn that they can't have where they are.

When I finally left Jersey I had the choice of going south or out of state. As you are no doubt aware, there are other issues in Jersey (such as urban centers sucking tax dollars out of everywhere else and politicians who answer to nobody except those who bought their offices for them) so I opted to move to VT having spent a lot of summers fishing and where the "woodchucks" were friendly and sensible people who espoused an attitude of "if what you are doing doesn't interfere with what I am doing then it is none of my business." Once I got here I realized that it was precisely that attitude that allowing the people from the NY-NY metro area and MA to move in and ruin it. I cannot for the life of me understand why you would move to a place because you liked it and then try to make it just like the wretched place that you moved from. Unfortunately I can't move any farther north unless I learn to speak French. I am literally a 10 minute walk from QC.

I miss my family but every time I go down I break out in a rash and can't wait to leave. Now I am in search of a new place to go where they are less likely to allow the people who are chasing me from where I came from to ruin it for everyone. The one thing that I do miss about Jersey is the much better falconry regs. All of the Subaru driving, granola munching, bark covered tree huggers here think that falconers are satan's offspring and F&W people tend to keep clear to avoid risking their pensions.