Thread: Hello Everyone! - General Falconer

Cool Hello Everyone! - General Falconer

Hello Everyone,

I am a General Falconer from south Texas, in the process of trapping a Red Tail. Been out 2 times with no luck. This weekend is going to be the one! I can feel it.
    I have been trying to register for this forum for a long time. Glad I was finally able to receive that email with the code. I have heard good things and am eager to start digging through the archives and talking with fellow falconers.

Welcome to the community FalconryArtist. Great that you finally got registered! Woot Woot!

Good luck this weekend. I trapped my passage RT a couple months back...still looking for that big passage hen though. We are finally starting to see mornings in the 30s so I am thinking about going out and doing a little trapping this weekend as well.

Nick-

Nice! Good luck as well.
    On my 2nd attempt I saw a nice huge RT hen. We circled back and slowed down to make sure she was immature. Before we got close enough, she dove from the pole and caught something. Got out to check, and sure enough, she was immature... she flew off with a rat. Hopefully she sticks around that area. I might just go for the male that has been hanging around down the road from my house.
    Gabriel Garza, South Texas
    Check out my falconry whistles! www.falconrywhistle.com On Facebook too.

Quote Originally Posted by nickolb View Post
    I trapped my passage RT a couple months back...still looking for that big passage hen though.
    Nick-
    What do you hunt in SC that even a Male RT can't handle? I would just hunt the bird you have and not waste time looking for a bigger one.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Thread Information