Thread: Intrigued in Illinois

Default Intrigued in Illinois

My names Garrick. Im from central Illinois and very interested in falconry. The art,the romance, the connection to a wild raptor based solely on trust, it all intrigues me. Im trying to learn as much as i can and will hopefully make connections along the way. Thanks for letting me join the forums. I look forward to learning and possibly meeting new people. Thanks Garrick

Welcome Garrick, I wish you all the best of luck on your journey into falconry!
    Mitch Wishon , From Oklahoma

Hello Garrick. I'm an apprentice falconer, live around an hour drive from you. Your welcome to hook up with me on a hunt sometime if you'd like. GLFA has a couple field meets over the falconry season; that was my first experience in meeting falconers and their awesome raptors. They usually have a meet in Champaign sometime in Feb., I highly recommend that!

Good luck in your pursuit of falconry.
    scott heberer
    ..."they will soar on wings like eagles.."

The romance......and quail guts.
    John
    Still the finest hoods in Marshall.

Thanks for the info Scott. Ill definitely look into the GLFA meets. I appreciate the invite to tag along. Atlanta's not far from you at all and id love to tag along sometime.

Thanks Mitch

Gos\'n ....Lots of quail guts!

The GLFA Champaign meet is February 14th - 16th. We usually stay at the "Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area" hotel but I'm not sure if that is decided on yet. If you could only make one meet for one day in Illinois, I recommend this one on Saturday. If you are on facebook there should be information on the GLFA page.
    - Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Btal View Post
    The GLFA Champaign meet is February 14th - 16th. We usually stay at the "Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area" hotel but I'm not sure if that is decided on yet. If you could only make one meet for one day in Illinois, I recommend this one on Saturday. If you are on facebook there should be information on the GLFA page.

Thanks Bryan! I appreciate it! Ill definitely make plans to come out in February!

Thread Information