Quote Originally Posted by Tnocks View Post
Thanks for that detailed info John. My in-laws live in the Bend area. My wife and I try to head over there every couple months to see them. The only thing that I am confused about is why go through the trouble of putting in a note about allowing native species in the 3rd subsection under OAR 635-055-0030 if falconers are not allowed to use any of those indigenous species (regardless of whether or not people classify them as good or bad falconry birds)? Is there a list of Lawfully-held captive-bred raptors that are permitted at the general and master classes?
Yeah I probably wasnt clear there...they are making a distinction between species allowed in possession vs species allowed to trap in Oregon. If you read it again - the items 1-5 refer to "capture" related info and species allowed to capture
....and item number 6 refer to possession rules - outside and beyond capture limitations. in other words they are just saying there is a difference between what Oregon wants you to trap in Oregon and what birds you can put on your permit from elsewhere. ...

The possession of legally acquired non-indigenous raptors listed as a migratory bird in 50 CFR §10.13 is allowed. Only indigenous raptor species, raptors listed in 50 CFR §10.13 and raptors classified as non-controlled or controlled in the Oregon Wildlife Integrity Rules (OAR 635-056) are allowed. The possession for falconry purposes of hybrid raptors of species listed in 50 CFR §10 are allowed.