Hi Baks. You have several quite qualified raptors available there. One that is common enough and also quite useful for many common quarries such pigeons, doves, francolins (if not the larger ones), and is a bird that is quite coveted in the west....the Red-necked Falcon. Quite similar to our Merlin but more heat resistant and similar hunting tactics and style. It has the additional advantage in that it can be hunted in pairs (either two females, male and female, two males). They have nice temperaments and are relatively hardy. I was part of a group that put together a mission to acquire some of the first ones of the African race about a decade ago. Another mission went after, but did not do as well in keeping the birds alive after they arrived than the initial group. Some of them are still being bred today here. In the past many of the Asian race were sent over from India in large quantities as they were considered cheap. Few of those amounted to anything here at that time as our knowledge of small falcons was very limited at that time compared to now. Another small one that might be fun for you given your lack of open space might be the diminutive Gabar Goshawk. I suspect they might also be native to your area (I haven't checked a range map recently), but they often occur in the same areas the Red-necked Falcon and they have a bit of relationship with each other as they benefit from being near each other. The Gabar Goshawk presence makes prey birds flee from bushes ahead of the approaching hawk, but the presence of the Red-necked Falcon tends to make the same prey birds want to seek cover from the approaching falcon. Another, the African Goshawk is said to be very reliable as a hunter, although it not anywhere as big as our northern Goshawk. I think they might be similar to our Cooper's Hawk in size, perhaps a bit larger and more sturdy. The larger Black Sparrowhawk is perhaps in your region as well, but in discussions about them on here, they might not be something to start your practice with. In general the Falcons tend to have open country requirements unless they are smaller falcons, which can mean a lot of driving to get to suitable areas. If your area is more cluttered with trees ands shrubs then perhaps look into learning more about African Goshawk (Accipiter tachiro) , Gabar Goshawk (Micronisus gabar niger), and Red-necked Falcon (Falco ruficollis). Welcome to NAFEX and enjoy your investigation.