Baks, Currently the process for us on our end is brutal. It can be done but its all about meeting deadlines and such for the permits. Nice of you to offer though. The friend that was our point man in the field took a few different traps that I made just in case the conditions warranted different traps for different vegetation issues. As I wasn't even there it took a bit of coordination but we sent him with enough various equipment that when he got into them finally (long long story that began by landing at Dakar, then another leg down to Guinea where our original permit was for). But after being mislead by the locals in Guinea (lost some money on that deal) eventually he went up to Mali to investigate further, even though all the photos we were seeing by birders were for places in Senegal. Eventually we had to override my partner at that time, and my friend and I knew that the birds would be in Senegal. He found them within an hour of Dakar several weeks after landing in Dakar in the first place, and acquired the ten birds for our permit within about a week. Such a waste of time and money all the rest of the trip, but success in the end. He got the individual transport boxes built locally to falconry specifications and all of the birds were shipped as one unit (kept the logistics down). They arrived in New York and the quarantine station in perfect shape and weathered the quarantine with not even a tipped feather, as we had the rooms set up to our specifications ahead of time. For trapping he found that the bal-chatri worked the best, baited with a few of the local finches which he live trapped fairly easily near villages. Often he would get more than one falcon on the trap as some of them were in family groups still, so young would join in the hunt with the adults. We tried to get enough individuals from different pairs so the blood lines could be well mixed for years to come. I think some of the birds did come from the area around where you are, the others came from around M'Bour. If you check on Google you may find links to various birding observation sites that will give you sometimes pretty good gps locations of where birds were seen and when. Often raptors are in a particular area because it suits them and as long as the area doesn't undergo some sort of major upset (like cutting of forest or perhaps extended drought or conversion from scrub to agriculture) then the birds will be there for hundreds of years in succession. Once you figure out what environment they prefer it is quite easy to pinpoint where they are. When you develop and eye for that sort of interaction (raptor to habitat type) you were be well on your way to learning where and when they will be there. It also plays into how you develop a bird for your falconry practice because, while they are flexible in regard to some of their hunting tactics, they are still limited somewhat by their physicality and some are just better suited to a particular environmental structure than others.