Thread: New falconer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New falconer

Hi there! I am a new falconer, having finished my apprenticeship in 2022 in Saskatchewan flying my female peregrine. That being said, I did an 'unofficial' apprenticeship 2017/18 while living in Arizona where I flew Harris's Hawks and Kestrel and learned most of the technical ins and outs, terms, and handling. Professionally, I am a wildlife biologist and ecologist with a specialty in bats, but i have worked with and studied a variety of animals. Falconry for me is a way of deepening my understanding of the natural world, and the roles we play in it. It has brought a lot of joy (and pain...as we all know) in my life, and it has taken a chokehold on my heart. Im hoping being on the forums will help me find a little more community and also act as a place to find some guidance if things pop up!

Happy to be here! - Dana

Welcome Dana! Thanks for the introduction, a surefire way to not be mistaken as an AI Bot! It sounds like you have great qualifications, keep us posted on your season.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Welcome, Dana. Would love for you to post season highlights (and heartaches) in the longwinging thread (or you own topic - thats fine, too).

Mike
    Hope dies last.

Dana! Look forward to hearing about your season.
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thread Information