Thread: AeroVision for Android Beta will be available as General Release, Monday, May 24th.

Post AeroVision for Android Beta will be available as General Release, Monday, May 24th.

AeroVision for Android Beta will be available as General Release, Monday, May 24th.

What Android OS Versions are supported?

OS Build / Versions Supported: Android 10 / Android 11

What Android Devices are supported?

AV for Android is a very high-performance, demanding app and designed to run on higher-end phones and tablets, specifically models with speedy processors, internal GPS, internal magnetometers (compass), BTLE connectivity, and running one of the latest versions of Android OS (10/11).

List of Supported (Tested) Devices:

Google Pixel (2,4,4a,5)
    Google Nexus Tablet
    Samsung Galaxy S7-S10,S20,S21
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Other devices may work perfectly, but as each manufacturer uses different hardware with their unique Android architecture, performance may vary (and some devices may not work at all).

Simply log in to the Google Play Store on your Android device, and search for "AeroVision5." Tap "Install."
    Ron N1WT Vermont

about time!!

Pitty that I recently decided that Google is MORE evil than apple and switched to an iPhone....
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
    about time!!

Pitty that I recently decided that Google is MORE evil than apple and switched to an iPhone....

Et tu, Brute?
    Ron N1WT Vermont

That's fantastic news. I bought a used iPad specifically for gps. Within 6 months it was "out of memory" even though the only thing on it is aerovision and onx maps so I know who's door to knock on to get my bird back. Only advice I can get is to factory reset it every few months to clear out the crap it stores without my knowledge.
    Chris Gibson
    NW New Mexico

Does this work with android 12? I know that the website says 9, 10 and 11 but my phone just updated to 12.

Mitch Solis,
    Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by mitchyz250f View Post
    Does this work with android 12? I know that the website says 9, 10 and 11 but my phone just updated to 12.

Mitch Solis,
    Georgia
    Look again! MRT updated it to include Android 12

Ron N1WT Vermont

Anyone else using the android version having issues where the screen freezes and says optimizing?
    Keith Sprague
    Enthusiast of Avian and Nonavian reptiles

Quote Originally Posted by Ksprague View Post
    Anyone else using the android version having issues where the screen freezes and says optimizing?
    What did MRT say when you asked them?

Please don't take this personally but as a person who works for a tech company one of my pet peeves is
    when customers start asking about anomalous behavior of our products on forums or email reflectors
    before they ask us. IMO that implies that we were unwilling or unable to help them. It may not be the
    Case here but often we know what to do to avoid or fix the problem. While I am not employed by MRT I
    think they deserve a chance to fix the problem for you.

Once again, my comment is not intended as a personal snipe at you.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Of course I asked them first.

The person who answered the phone said they didn't know the answer.
    The person who answered the phone referred me to their facebook page to see what current users were saying. Unfortunately I cannot get on the forum until I buy the product.
    The conversation concluded with 'you have a month to return the product if it doesn't work'.
    At that point I decided to post the question on this forum

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
    What did MRT say when you asked them?

Please don't take this personally but as a person who works for a tech company one of my pet peeves is
    when customers start asking about anomalous behavior of our products on forums or email reflectors
    before they ask us. IMO that implies that we were unwilling or unable to help them. It may not be the
    Case here but often we know what to do to avoid or fix the problem. While I am not employed by MRT I
    think they deserve a chance to fix the problem for you.

Once again, my comment is not intended as a personal snipe at you.
    Yup, I understand but I have already talked with them about it. They said I was the first to report that particular issue, thus why I was curious and asked here as well. I assume it is something unique to my particular Android phone but was curious if anyone else had the same problem.
    Keith Sprague

Keith, can you talk about the is issue you had, the phone you are using and was it the result of updating to Android 12?

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by mitchyz250f View Post
    Of course I asked them first.

The person who answered the phone said they didn't know the answer.
    The person who answered the phone referred me to their facebook page to see what current users were saying. Unfortunately I cannot get on the forum until I buy the product.
    The conversation concluded with 'you have a month to return the product if it doesn't work'.
    At that point I decided to post the question on this forum

Mitch
    That is reasonable.

What phone do you have?
    I see that your phone just updated to Android 12. I assume that it did not have the problem prior to the update?
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Haven't purchased the software yet. Purchased a new Samsung S10 with android 11 installed (Perfect, just what Marshall has verified). I went to T-Mobile and asked if I could stop the phone from updating to Android 12 by itself. He assured me it could not without my permission and my intervention. That night the phone updated to Android 12, by itself. The Marshall Android software is Beta software which is why they are not certain of it performance. I understand and accept that. Not to excited about the guy at T-Mobile though.

I will be using this on a Red Tailed Hawk so for the time being I just need to know where the bird is. Not its speed or altitude. What issue are you having.Just aspects of performance or not working at all.

My issue was prior to updating to Android 12, I'll be trying that out this weekend. It only happens occasionally but not sure what is going on. My phone is a pixel 3a XL.
    Keith Sprague

Anyone using a Samsung with Android 12?

Mitch Solis

Spoke to a different person at Marshall and they verified the Samsung S10w/Android 12 will work with this GPS. Now all I have to do is find my wallet....

Mitch Solis

Now I know why I can't download aerovision. My phone is over 2 years old. I bought an apple phone strictly for GPS. Someday, will buy upgraded android phone!
    Rick

Thread Information