Thread: Hello from the high Rockies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from the high Rockies

Hello I am an old mountain goat that has been dragged, kicking and screaming into the twenty first century by falconry. I am enjoying the content but it's a challenge. I trained 2 birds as a boy got distracted by wine women and song,(skiing too) raised two girls and got sucked back in by a friend's son. I very much enjoyed hunting with red tails but hope to fly a passage goshawk next season. Drew Matteson in Colorado
    Drew M.

Welcome back, looks like you're in a good area to find a gos' I'm about 300 miles north of you.
    Randy

Hi Randy, yes I am, found my first nest 2 weeks ago in an area I have been watching for a year.I have also been spending time looking at possible ridge trapping sites.The beetle kill has changed the habitat hear, as I am sure near you as well, but I see opportunity in that.My area used to be 90 percent lodge pole, and now the mature stands that remain are more obvious. If I am lucky enough to find an active nest, I hope to resist taking an easy, and will try for a passage at family dispersion.
    Drew M.

Welcome!
    Jason
    "Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hawk on Bro,
    Tom Smith, Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

Thread Information