Thread: Why I joined

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why I joined

Hi, all,

My initial reason for joining was because of a suggestion from a fellow falconer to look here for some telemetry equipment, but who knows what other reasons I may have for participating?

Briefly: I followed in my then-teenage son's footsteps to become a falconer when he apprenticed in 2014-2016. I felt like I had to shadow him on account of his age?and the fact that he was too young to drive! Anyway, learning alongside of him gave me the desire, so I apprenticed 2016-2018. He put his falconry on hold when he started college, and it's still on hold, but I've been going ever since, with a one-year break. We've only had RTs and my current one is the 8th between his two and my 6.

Anyway, I am now on the hunt for a now out-of-production Tracker receiver (preferably the Maxima). That same fellow falconer I mentioned has one, I saw him use it effectively once, and I like the portability of it.

That's all for now.

I may have one I’d be willing to part with. Check back in a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfreed65762 View Post
    I may have one I?d be willing to part with. Check back in a day or so.
    Will do. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rfreed65762 View Post
    I may have one I’d be willing to part with. Check back in a day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son's Footsteps View Post
    Hi, all,

My initial reason for joining was because of a suggestion from a fellow falconer to look here for some telemetry equipment, but who knows what other reasons I may have for participating?

Briefly: I followed in my then-teenage son's footsteps to become a falconer when he apprenticed in 2014-2016. I felt like I had to shadow him on account of his age?and the fact that he was too young to drive! Anyway, learning alongside of him gave me the desire, so I apprenticed 2016-2018. He put his falconry on hold when he started college, and it's still on hold, but I've been going ever since, with a one-year break. We've only had RTs and my current one is the 8th between his two and my 6.

Anyway, I am now on the hunt for a now out-of-production Tracker receiver (preferably the Maxima). That same fellow falconer I mentioned has one, I saw him use it effectively once, and I like the portability of it.

That's all for now.
    Hi guys, welcome to the forum.

It is a forum rule that you must sign your posts with your real name.
    It is best to add it to your signature.

Thanks
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Noticed that rule this AM, Jeff. Corrected (I think. We'll see when hit the Reply button.)
    Marc Manley

Strands NYT
    Quote Originally Posted by Son's Footsteps View Post
    Noticed that rule this AM, Jeff. Corrected (I think. We'll see when hit the Reply button.)
    yes, that's right

Okay, so I found it sooner than later. It is a tracker maxima 1000/5. It is in the 218 band. Put some batteries in it and it fired right up. Not to sure how to post pictures here. If you are interested maybe private message or get me you number somehow and I?ll get a hold of you. - Ryan Freed. Thanks for the update on the rules Jeff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rfreed65762; 03-06-2024 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Add attachment

Thread Information