Thread: Uk falconer in Canada

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Uk falconer in Canada

Hello

I am currently living in AB, Canada for a year (lethbridge) and i'm trying too get in contact with a few falconers while i'm here too meet up with and hopefully see their birds fly. I am having my glove sent over in the next month so hopefully i'll get too use it when it arrives.

I had birds of my own for over ten years in the uk ,but they had too be sold when i decided too come over here.

hopefully there are a few people around here that will show me how the canadians do it!

Look forward too hearing from you all.

Ash

There are other UK falconers living in cananda. They are on here too. They'll see your name in a day or two
    Bill

Hi Ash,

I am in Calgary, Alberta, but I know of 2 members of the mandatory Alberta Falconry Association that live in or near Lethbridge. I don't know if they are members here, so will contact them and get back to you.

Grahame
    The Predator Process: search, locate, attack, subdue and consume.
    Bruce A. Haak

Hello

Thanks for the replys,hopefully they'll work out.

speak soon.

Ash

Hello

I spoke with the Alberta B.O.P centre last night,a really nice guy,he said that their centre is more of a rehabiliation centre more than a falconry centre.He said there is a field meet coming up with the Alberta Falconry Association near milk river ,he said too try and get in contact with a few people from there. I have sent an email too the A.F.A website ,hopefully it will turn something up.

Grahame,are you going to this field meet?

Thanks

Ash

Hi Ash , not sure if we spoke before, but the president of AFA is a welshman, anyway there is aBi Annual meet here next week see this thread. hth http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2416
    all the best,
    Jay

Thread Information