Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAFEX Dinner During the Meet

Default NAFEX Dinner During the Meet

Monday, November 24th @7pm at the Big Texan (http://www.bigtexan.com/) be there or be square. We have a reservation for 25 people, and that can be adjusted up or down depending on the response that we get. If you'll be in Amarillo and would like meet some of the folks in person who you think might be telling falconry tales out of school this will be your big chance. Respond here if you plan on attending.

I tried to reserve a separate room but they are completely booked that week.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Monday, November 24th @7pm at the Big Texan (http://www.bigtexan.com/) be there or be square. We have a reservation for 25 people, and that can be adjusted up or down depending on the response that we get. If you'll be in Amarillo and would like meet some of the folks in person who you think might be telling falconry tales out of school this will be your big chance. Respond here if you plan on attending.

I would love to, but I have to do registration until 7pm then help out with the speakers/raffle/etc. the rest of the evening. Y'all come by the registration table and say Hi to me!
    Brandi

I would LOVE to make it! I will not know exactly what day I am arriving at the meet until just before it. I have a test scheduled for that Monday but I am hoping it will be moved allowing me to get there sooner. If I am at the meet, count me in!
    Kylie
    -Putting a bird in a box ain't nothin new, the Colonel has been putting them in a bucket for a long time now.

I'll be there.....Why not....Everyoine has to hit the Big texan while in Amarillo...any takers on the 72 oz. steak?
    "Falconry...the sport of throwing pointy, angry feathered things at small animals for fun."
    Noel Murphy: Shitcagoland

Paul, thank you so much for organizing this. I really appreciate it. I think this is a great idea.

So who's eating the big 72 oz steak!!!
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

If i could make the meet i'd go for it.....gotta love a 72oz steak! Sounds like heaven. Unfortunatly i won't be there due to monetary reasons, gotta love being broke!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Boy View Post
    If i could make the meet i'd go for it.....gotta love a 72oz steak! Sounds like heaven. Unfortunatly i won't be there due to monetary reasons, gotta love being broke!
    Noah,
    You gotta love being 21 and a broke student, life is good. I'll buy you dinner if you can make it.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Paul, I will talk to the guys I am going with and see if they want to go. If so, we will be there!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep!!...book 6 of us in ...
    ''I gotta life,that most would love to have,..but sometimes i still wake up fightin' mad..''
    Gaz..

Paul:
    I have not see the schedule for the meet. I would not dare leave my wife at the vender's table and go eat, I would be hawk food from that point on. If possible I would like to just stop by a few min and say hi to everyone.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by ukroper View Post
    Yep!!...book 6 of us in ...
    Seriously? Six from the UK? All right, you're all in!
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Count me in!
    -Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    Paul:
    I have not see the schedule for the meet. I would not dare leave my wife at the vender's table and go eat, I would be hawk food from that point on. If possible I would like to just stop by a few min and say hi to everyone.
    Ev,

Bring the wife and man the table after dinner, it'll be early in the week you'll have plenty of time to sell your gear.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Takasho View Post
    Count me in!
    Right on! See you there!
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by FredrickFogg View Post
    Paul, I will talk to the guys I am going with and see if they want to go. If so, we will be there!
    Fred,

Drag their sorry butts out there, or just hitch ride w/me.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

4 from England..and 2 yankee-doodles..
    ''I gotta life,that most would love to have,..but sometimes i still wake up fightin' mad..''
    Gaz..

Looks like we are going to have a good turn out. I really am looking forward to this. Please don't leave the wives, bring who ever is with you.
    Chris Lynn

Ev,

Bring the wife and man the table after dinner, it'll be early in the week you'll have plenty of time to sell your gear.
    Paul:
    It will all depend on when they open the vender's room. If I was sell item for myself, no problem I would do it in a minute. But the item are sold for NAFA, and I feel I should do my best, or not do it at all. This is a time to make some extra money for NAFA. JMO.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

I'm trying hard to make plans to come and would love to meet up w/ you guys. It's a long way to drive for a few days hawking but last time I drove out there for the NAFA meet I noticed there were great game populations for starting a new hawk, and I just happen to have one.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Quote Originally Posted by superparabuteo View Post
    I'm trying hard to make plans to come and would love to meet up w/ you guys. It's a long way to drive for a few days hawking but last time I drove out there for the NAFA meet I noticed there were great game populations for starting a new hawk, and I just happen to have one.
    Ken not to mention plenty of , going on.. come on you gotta go!!!
    Chris Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by superparabuteo View Post
    Ken, there are 5 of us in NC that are going and we are trying to figure out how to go with only one vehicle and it looks like we may need two cars. If you want to drop down to go across I-40 with us, I would be glad to ride with you or one of the other guys if you don't like my ugly mug. We planned on leaving on Friday the 21st, as we are going trapping through Kansas on the 22nd and will arrive in Amarillo on Saturday evening. Just an idea! I would help with the gas, take turns filling it up. Let me know!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul hope you got room for three more at the Texas Steak House Monday night two Brits and one from CA were driving from CA on Wednesday hoping to see some trapping on the way arriving Saturday night hopefully in time for the Chris Comeaux dinner as well.

Mike.

Plenty of room Mike, going over the posts above I only counted 13 to maybe 18 if Fred and company make it.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

There is an outside chance I will make it for the dinner
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyc6 View Post
    Dude, just come and eat and spend the night. I don't think Chris would mind if you bunked with him, right Chris?
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

What time does it get dark at your place, Wes? I understand we're headed to your place on Monday. If the hunting is good, we might not let you quit guiding for us in time to make it to the dinner.........
    the consequence of conscience, is that you'll be left somewhere......... swinging in the air.

Dude, just come and eat and spend the night. I don't think Chris would mind if you bunked with him, right Chris?

Domski,
    Hell no he can't!!!, But, we can get a roll away for the room. If staying some where is the question, we can make room for sure.

Come on Wes you gotta go man, hell man this is the first ever NAFEX dinner. Its going to be a good time...
    Chris Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    What time does it get dark at your place, Wes? I understand we're headed to your place on Monday. If the hunting is good, we might not let you quit guiding for us in time to make it to the dinner.........
    Sunset for that day is 5:37.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&afl=-11&day=1
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Domski,
    Hell no he can't!!!, But, we can get a roll away for the room. If staying some where is the question, we can make room for sure.

Come on Wes you gotta go man, hell man this is the first ever NAFEX dinner. Its going to be a good time...
    I will probably go. It is tough because I will be off Thurs, Fri, Sat and have to preach on Sunday still. I will start working extra hard...............well extra hard for me

I don't think Chris and I can share a bed. Remember he just told someone I was pretty on the pilot thread. I am scared
    Thanks,
    Wes

I don't think Chris and I can share a bed. Remember he just told someone I was pretty on the pilot thread. I am scared
    Chris Lynn

Well... looks like I can't make it to the meet this year so y'all can scratch me off the dinner list. I'm pretty bummed about it but, maybe next year.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

I will probably go. It is tough because I will be off Thurs, Fri, Sat and have to preach on Sunday still. I will start working extra hard...............well extra hard for me

Wow, how cool! The Guideon called me and wanted to come preach. Guess when he is coming????????????? On the 30th, so I can take that Monday off I guess and come see you hooligans.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Good to hear Wes.. We are going to have a good time for sure.

I Cant believe NAFA is almost here. The time flew buy.

Be seeing you suckers soon enough..

really looking forward to meeting you all
    Chris Lynn

I'm gonna try and make it....don't see no reason why I couldn't. It would be great to meet a bunch of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine At Heart View Post
    I'm gonna try and make it....don't see no reason why I couldn't. It would be great to meet a bunch of you!
    Please do!! We are going to have a good time

for those that do make it, I have a nice little thank you gifts for coming. So If you are coming I really need to know so I can get a close head count so i can bring enough for everyone.

let me know guys!!
    Chris Lynn

Thread Information