Thread: Hi all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi all

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Greg Mikkelson from Minnesota. I fly a couple goshawks at Ducks and Pheasants with a couple rabbits thrown in.

I spent most of my time online on another forum as my time has been limited. Due to circumstances beyond my control I really don't want to be there anymore. So I am looking for another place to spend my online time. I hope this turns into that place.

Greg
    An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens.....Thomas Jefferson
    Minneapolis, MN

Greg
    Johnny
    It takes a long time to grow old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    Greg
    Thanks John
    An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens.....Thomas Jefferson
    Minneapolis, MN

Greg,
    Welcome to NAFEX. We are a fun group who just wants to have a good time. Post some pics and don't hesitate to tell some hawking stories.

again post often and have fun

welcome
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Greg

This is the place to be.
    Fred Dewey
    "The bird hunting the locust is unaware of the hawk hunting it."

Oh no not another misfit!. What's up bud?
    Barry
    "you believe you understand what I said, do realize what you heard is not what I meant"
    Barry

Welcome Greg! We always like picture also. Do you do any trapping on Hawk Ridge?
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by GregMik View Post
    I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Greg Mikkelson from Minnesota. I fly a couple goshawks at Ducks and Pheasants with a couple rabbits thrown in.

I spent most of my time online on another forum as my time has been limited. Due to circumstances beyond my control I really don't want to be there anymore. So I am looking for another place to spend my online time. I hope this turns into that place.

Greg
    What part of MN? My son is in Mankato. Welcome to the forum.
    Scott

Greg
    Greg, me ol' mucker, the only place to be is with practical falconers! Not with academic falconers! if you know what i mean.
    Welcome
    Guy
    Guy

welcome Greg...lots of good folk here...you should fit in just fine.
    ~ Lee
    "Nature does nothing uselessly." Aristotle

Hi Greg,

Welcome aboard! We're having a NAFEX dinner Monday night of the meet at the Big Texan at 7pm, come join the chaos!
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tyack View Post
    Greg, me ol' mucker, the only place to be is with practical falconers! Not with academic falconers! if you know what i mean.
    Welcome
    Guy
    I missed this one....Who let you on here LOL

Thanks for the welcome Guy! One more week!

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Greg
    Hello stranger.

Brad

Congrats dude. I think you set the record for most posts in the first day. I tend to spend most my time over here too these days. Good ole North American falconry....except someone let those Bristol boys on here.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Congrats dude. I think you set the record for most posts in the first day. I tend to spend most my time over here too these days. Good ole North American falconry....except someone let those Bristol boys on here.
    Who the heck let them on here?

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Who the heck let them on here?

Greg
    Let's just say the higher ups here do not hang out on the IFF and were not aware.... I have to give them a pass.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellbrad View Post
    Hello stranger.

Brad
    Hey Brad!

So this has been where you have been hanging out huh?

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Hey Brad!

So this has been where you have been hanging out huh?

Greg
    Yup. Been busy hawking although I'm depressed as Hell about this weather. Winter is too much too early in the year. We could use a little Global Warming instead of this Ice Age crap. The CRP is rapidly disappearing too which has ruined a lot of my spots. The good news is huns will come back, I think.

Been catching quackers and wabbits? I've got a friend coming up with a big gos in a few weeks to fly some white tailed jacks. We found some for him. This I gotta see! I've never seen a white tail killed by anything except a car. Once while trapping we came across an eagle with a fresh killed one, that's as close as I've ever gotten to the real deal. The falcons whop them on occasion but, other than a headache, they just bounce away.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellbrad View Post
    Yup. Been busy hawking although I'm depressed as Hell about this weather. Winter is too much too early in the year. We could use a little Global Warming instead of this Ice Age crap. The CRP is rapidly disappearing too which has ruined a lot of my spots. The good news is huns will come back, I think.

Been catching quackers and wabbits? I've got a friend coming up with a big gos in a few weeks to fly some white tailed jacks. We found some for him. This I gotta see! I've never seen a white tail killed by anything except a car. Once while trapping we came across an eagle with a fresh killed one, that's as close as I've ever gotten to the real deal. The falcons whop them on occasion but, other than a headache, they just bounce away.

Brad

Ya when I can get away from work I have been out. Caught 5 ducks and a rabbit with the passage bird and 7 ducks with the finnish. He did put up some good chases on Huns a week ago, but it is too early in the season and he is not in the best shape yet.

Tasha put up some good pics of Jacks being caught on the IFF.

Hang on I will see if I can find a couple to post here.

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Well it's about time Greg, Sheesh! You are so slow sometimes!!!
    Welcome buddy,
    Jeff

, Greg!!! Good to see you made it on here too!

Default hi greg

Greg
    hi greg,welcome to the forum,see you both at the nafa meet
    Adrian,England.

Quote Originally Posted by redtailman View Post
    hi greg,welcome to the forum,see you both at the nafa meet

There is one of them now!! LOL

Hey Adrian! Hows things going over there? Can't wait to see you and Sue again!

Give her my best.

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Greg,

Been hoping for a year that you would find your way here. Great to have you and your experiences here. I have missed reading posts from you and Tasha (and the photos).

You will like it here.. Good bunch of people with out too much of the crap you find elsewhere.

This forum has grown a bunch in the last year and the mods have managed to keep people somewhat civil.

I think the best word that sums up the membership of this forum is "respectful". They are good peoples!

If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to give us a shout.

Again, welcome, welcome, welcome! Glad you are here!

Best Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by KidK View Post
    Greg,

Been hoping for a year that you would find your way here. Great to have you and your experiences here. I have missed reading posts from you and Tasha (and the photos).

You will like it here.. Good bunch of people with out too much of the crap you find elsewhere.

This forum has grown a bunch in the last year and the mods have managed to keep people somewhat civil.

I think the best word that sums up the membership of this forum is "respectful". They are good peoples!

If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to give us a shout.

Again, welcome, welcome, welcome! Glad you are here!

Best Regards,
    Thanks Kory! Good to see you again! My online time is kinda limited and running the IFF took it all up, so I really didn't have time for anything else.

Just wait till you get bigger bud. And I am sure it will as this seems to be a nice place. The more ppl join the harder it is to moderate and run.frus

I have run this software for a few yrs now, but if I have any question I will be sure to ask!

Thanks for the welcome. Are you still flying Goshawks?

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Thread Information