I have a male and female, both imprints which are specifically for AI breeding.
I cant call myself anything but a novice when it comes to Eagles. I've handled a few, hunted with imprint males, and a beautiful imprint female (Yosuf Hiebler bird) and one really nasty parent reared male.
I wouldnt attempt to do it on my own just yet, but the idea is to hopefully help with imprinting a youngster this year (if we manage to breed any :-)) and then as soon as my daughter is old enough to understand how dangerous Eagles can be to little people, I'll look at getting a young male.

The breeding project at present consits of two males, one imprint and one dual imprint and two females again one social imprint and a really stunning dual imprint that's on loan.

So far things are looking good, both males are donating vulantarily and the loan bird is standing for insemination. Sadly my girl is just being moody and hormonal but this is her first season where she could lay so we are still optimistic.
At the end of the day we dont need results from her this year, she stands on the glove at hunting weight, so when she's old enough and ready she will lay and we have a good chance of getting results with the amount of semen available.

Oh one other thing, I got barry's web address wrong (doh!!!) its www.elitefalconry.co.uk by all means have a look at the site (Chris please feel free to remove the link if its against site policy.)