Becky,
It has been the roughest season ever for me. I had to sell an awesome dog and falcon due to personal reasons. I got a Rt and was starting to reduce the local bushytail population. A guy from FLA game up and witness my bird's halux get ruined by a squirrel. I waited for it to heal and nothing but infection. I finally had to amputate it. During that time I trained up another RT that was tiny. He was an ODD bird. He would act like he was the hardest hunter you had ever seen and would not bind. Then he would act fat and ignore you. He was the fastest to train out of all the RT's I have had. I had him really sharp, but he was so fast and powerful still. I finally just decided I didn't want to lower him anymore and I decided he would never be great in the short time that I keep a passage RT, so I sent him packing. I now have big female in training. She is doing ok so far, but man is it taking a LOT of weight reduction to find the keel bone. I trapped her at 1680g!

The new dog is looking pretty good. The jagd is coming on pretty strong now too.

No one around her uses a big running pointer like that. No help here for that.

Just from knowing you around the lists and knowing what you seem to like in dogs, can I be bold enough to make a recommendation for you on a dachs? I would recommend a good wirehaired dachs with a hard coat. You will really like their temprament if it is from a hunting home. You might even like a standard, but they are pricey usually. I might know where one is for sale that is like 8 months old. She has a missing tooth so the guy isn't going to keep her for breeding. She is out of good stock.

See ya!