Thread: Hello from Thailand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from Thailand

I fly crowned eagle and nice to meeting you guys here.

Im a huge fan of Emmy. Im very glad to see you here.
    I would suggest you get with Chris L (the father of this forum) about what pics you can post here, but I'll bet you can post more here than you can elsewhere.
    For those of us who dont know you, will you give us some history and background on Emmy?
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

Thanks Zarafia and nice to meeting you here too.
    I fly a female crowned eagle. Her name is Emmy, she is in her third year. Crowned eagle is considered to be one of the most powerful eagle on earth along with the Harpy eagle. Emmy is not a very big eagle she is around 4 kgs fully fat. You will see alot more of her this season cause the last one ended early when she started her moult early.

Great looking raptor. I look forward to seeing more of Emmy and hearing about her hunting ability....

Keep the stories and pics coming!

There are very few people out there flying crowned eagles I think.
    Emmy is an imprint, right?
    I am amazed at how good she is with you. I know she has shown agression toward other people, but I think I have seen pictures of you holding her prey for her with almost nothing to protect your hands at all.
    I am very impressed at how you handle such a lethal eagle.
    They are truly amazing birds, to so completely understand the difference between you and other things (people, primates etc...) It is truly amazing the way she regards you.
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

Sabai dee I am from Laos Hawking in New Mexico Nice looking bird I can only Dream to fly such a beauty

Do you Know any Thai in New Mexico?

I would love to plan a trip to Thailand and fly with you
    Mike

Head count is nothing Just Fly Your Bird

Quote Originally Posted by atcfalconry View Post
    Sabai dee I am from Laos Hawking in New Mexico Nice looking bird I can only Dream to fly such a beauty

Do you Know any Thai in New Mexico?

I would love to plan a trip to Thailand and fly with you
    Sorry, I dont know any Thai in New Mexico. If you have chance to come by here pls give us a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarafia View Post
    There are very few people out there flying crowned eagles I think.
    Emmy is an imprint, right?
    I am amazed at how good she is with you. I know she has shown agression toward other people, but I think I have seen pictures of you holding her prey for her with almost nothing to protect your hands at all.
    I am very impressed at how you handle such a lethal eagle.
    They are truly amazing birds, to so completely understand the difference between you and other things (people, primates etc...) It is truly amazing the way she regards you.
    Indeed, Emmy is an imprint but she is not at all agressive. I have not yet been grabbed by her. Here are more pics of her, check out her toes, the front inner toes are similar in size to my thomb.

That picture is exactly what I was thinking of. You are holding her prey bare handed. Absolutlely amazing to me.
    Heres something I havent asked before, what other birds have you known?
    I spoke breifly with a person who handles golden eagles in England, I told him that I would never try and get near my redtails feet while she was holding her prey. He told me that its different with the eagles he knows because they are quite a bit smarter than a redtail.
    I can only guess that Emmy is very intelligent too. How else could she choose to be so gentle with you, even on her prey?
    Ive seen close up pictures of Emmys feet. Intimidating to say the least.
    Meridith

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeagle View Post
    Thanks Zarafia and nice to meeting you here too.
    I fly a female crowned eagle. Her name is Emmy, she is in her third year. Crowned eagle is considered to be one of the most powerful eagle on earth along with the Harpy eagle. Emmy is not a very big eagle she is around 4 kgs fully fat. You will see alot more of her this season cause the last one ended early when she started her moult early.
    Hi, just wondering how you came by your Crowned eagle? I have flown three hawk eagles and a golden here in Western WA over the past 40 years. I flew a Changeable HE, an African HE and am currently flying a Bonelli's eagle. Hawk eagles are great to fly but very difficult to come by here in the US any more. I also fly a female Harris Hawk over a brace of Beagles. Your training techniques are interesting with your Crowned eagle... What species of monkey are you hunting. What other quarry do you fly her at? Please keep the pics and information coming...Very interesting stuff!
    Regards,
    Brian Kellogg
    Tacoma, WA

Default New here

Hi all, just found this site. There's some interesting stuff going on in here. My name is Brian Kellogg. I live in Tacoma, WA and am currently flying an 8 year old female Bonelli's eagle and a 10 year old female Harris Hawk. We hawk mostly rabbits but I've had some great flights at geese with the Bonelli's as well. She is done for the season so now I'm just concentrating on the Harris. I've also trapped and flown a passage male golden for 8 years but don't have him any more. I hope to retire this year and trrap another one when I get moved down to Central OR.
    Brian

Brian:
    it will be interesting to hear some of the great story's about the eagle. Is Cliff your brother? We like picture anytime. Again Welcome.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeagle View Post
    I fly crowned eagle and nice to meeting you guys here.
    Sawadee Krup.

Thread Information