Thread: Hello from East Oregon...a few questions please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from East Oregon...a few questions please

Hi all, I am fresh off the wagon and just found this site a week ago and must say that I am quite impressed with the amount of knowledge here and willingness to help new folks such as myself.
    A few things about me: I live in Pendleton, Oregon and am 34. I have always had an intrest in "different" sports of the Outdoors. To name a few...as in my signature, I love fur-trapping and river-running by raft.
    Falconry has always been on the backburner for me until about a month ago when I was able to watch a guy lure his bird in the evening. This really got me fired up and since have investigated many sources for info. on this unique sport. Unfortunatley...this Falconer lives a full day's drive away.
    Here's my questions:
    Are there any users on this board who live in close proximity of my location who would be interested in calling me to talk more about Falconry in person? I would really like to see the whole picture before I dive in head first...as I know this takes alot of commitment. I am willing to travel quite a ways.
    I attempted to contact all officers from the "Oregon Falconer's Assoc." with no replies back. Maybe email is down?
    I did make one call to a practicing Falconer that lives 50 miles from me and left a quick message and explained my motives and intrests...but have not heard back for quite some time. His name I found on the "Oregon Fish and Game contact Info." page.
    To be clear...I am NOT looking for a Sponsor, just someone of whom I can ask a few questions and see their mew with birds.
    Let me know what you know. Please PM me and I can give you phone info. if needed.

Thanks guys,
    Jerry
    Last edited by crossfox21; 03-24-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Thread Information