Thread: Horny little Ferrugie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That bird is one handsome fellow

Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    That bird is one handsome fellow
    That's very kind of you, however I dont think you would say that if you'd seen what he got up to this afternoon.
    I was working on some code and he was scanning around the office for things to drag off to his nest. (exactly what he planned to do with an electric razor in his nest I do not know but he's tried to steal one this week!!)
    Anyway he came across a newspaper folded in half on top of the freezer and promptly dragged it down to the floor.
    He proceeded, as normal to try and rip the paper into pieces he can easily carry to the nest but managed to pull out a whole sheet of paper.
    I looked over at him just as he grabbed one corner of the page in his beak and took flight.
    Somehow the downdraft from his wings seemed to flip the loose end of the paper up and over the top of his head, producing what I guess amounts to a blackout mask.
    I got a smack on the top of the head by his left wing as he went past on his way to the pen. He then kind of crash landed against the top step, shot back up into the air and tried flying in a tight circle, all the while keeping this newspaper held tight in his beak so that it covers his whole head..
    I laughed so much my ribs were hurting.
    The worst bit was having to go and take the paper away from him after all that entertainment because I've decided the paper just soaks up moisture from the air and makes his nest nasty.
    Wires if they are not important and he's not going to get himself tangled in them, he can keep, but paper doesnt go on the nest anymore.
    Doesnt stop him trying to steal bits of paper if he gets a chance.
    Idiot imprint.
    ~Evan
    You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss! You take the foods outa my cheldrens mouf wif your hacking. I tell FBI.

Imprints arent the only idiot animals out there Evan.
    Your story reminds me of something my arab mare did as a three year old filly. My business partner was giving riding lessons in the pasture that my filly was living in at the time and she was as tame as a puppy, constantly trying to get peoples attention. She was being ignored by everyone one day so she grabbed one of the towels laying around. She held it in her teeth and once she saw she was being watched again she started flipping it around and around, spooking herself with it till it settled over her whole head. Then she thought it had attacked her and she took off at a canter trying to escape it. But my brilliant filly never let go of the towel frus. It finally came off her face and she stood there, nearly crosseyed, snorting and blowing at the towel she still held.
    While all the rest of us recovered from our fits of laughter she tossed the towel up and pranced away, her tail straight up in the air trotting nearly level as if to say, "You know I did all of that for your benefit people! Enjoy!"
    Stupid filly.
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

Yea but what amazes me is the sheer range of things he's tried to steal for nest material.
    The list of things I have removed from his nest includes, an electric razor, a USB memory stick, one half of my Cat5 cable tester, a Cadbury's Creme Egg box, lots of bills and invoices a roll of sellotape and two rolls of PVC insulation tape, my dog whistle, a paint roller, numerous network and computer power cables, several brass eyelets (not even sure how he gets them cause they are kept in a draw!!) a paintbrush (new, didnt even know I had one like that!!) two RTL8139c network cards, at least four Intel CPU boxes, a big piece of leather (for making anklets and equipment) an almost empty bag of ferret nuggets, two fleece jumpers and a T-Shirt, more floppy drive cables than you can shake a stick at (there's a box of them under a desk in the office which he raids regularly). He's even nicked my wallet and carried it to his nest!!

Twice he has pulled the power socket for a small Linux server out of the wall, I've had to cast him to remove at least 3 network cables that he's got himself tangled up in and the funniest was a dog harness for the car that he got wrapped around his body yet still wanted to take it to the nest after I'd released him from its evil clutches.
    I've been very nearly hit in the head by an adjustable C clamp that he tried to carry to the nest but dropped in flight (I assume it was too heavy but he could also have been aiming for me)
    He has expended an incredible amount of energy trying to drag my lamping torch to the pen (I must get that one on film, its a proper "You've been framed" experience) though I think the best he's managed was to pull it half an inch if he's lucky, he does try hard though!!

Then the all time funny one was when my daughter opened the door to his pen and he jumped down the stairs pretty much straight onto her feet and started humping her, all the while Orin is saying "No Bye bye!! and trying to get away while the bird has her by the leg. (for anyone who thinks that was an irresponsible thing to do, yea it was, but he came hobbling over to her with his feet balled up, attack was the last thing on his mind!!)
    ~Evan
    You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss! You take the foods outa my cheldrens mouf wif your hacking. I tell FBI.

Love the thread. Fun stuff. Messy shoes, but fun stuff.
    tony

Has anything came of the big fellas antics mate, did you insemanate the red.

North and Lily have 4 eggs and sitting well should hatch 19/5/09 fingers crossed

Cam.

Thread Information