There is a major difference in the Harris vice every other raptor. Hence the reason they hold their own class as a parabuteo. They are a highly social bird and it takes a different mind set and usually a hierarchy to live in groups/packs. Usually it’s not the falconer but other people or animals that tend to be targets due to the bird viewing them as a lower ranking member.
Course there are a few cases of imprint falcons striking people in the field aswell. Everyone as heard of the nasty accipiters imprints. Accipiters I belive have had the most extensive behavioral studies by people like McDermount and others? Why do you think there has been more with the accipiters? Though I haven't read the whole book (Mikes newest) most seem to be derived from fear or food issues. At least thats what I get when I skim through. There are also the imprint birds that people just plainly mess up with and the bird turns out bad.
I wouldn't venture to say that 80-90 percent of all imprints turn out bad. There are plenty of accounts of imprint accipiters, falcons and even eagles that have turned out great. I guess my views would be different if I have heard or seen a good imprint Harris hawks.
The main reason for imprinting eyass birds in the beginning was due to lack of captive breeding. Modern reasons are due to birds that are high strung,tend to be fearful or likely to stray. Like Ev stated I don't see many of those problems with the Harris except for a select few. Now making hybrids is all together a different reason and If that is what your goal is then by all means.
All I'm trying to say is that usually there is a purpose in imprinting that you can't always get from wild or (parent raised)CBbirds. I just can't see the reason to have an imprint Harris over a parent raised Harris other than making Hybrids or lawsuits. Just my view on the matter thats all-Zach[/code]