Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THA Summercamp is nigh upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    Brandi:
    Thanks for posting the picture! Looked like everyone was having a good time. The weather must have been nice, with most people wearing shorts. Was 48 this morning. No shorts yet.
    Ev, it was in the low 90s all weekend! Won't be long before we are seeing 100s!!!
    Brandi

brandy in some of the pics playing with the falcon. is it if at first you succeed with getting bit try try again LOL. that and looks like he was trying to get a look at your goodies LOL.
    Jason Pollack, Custom Gunsmith
    http://www.pcwguns.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dirthawker2004 View Post
    brandy in some of the pics playing with the falcon. is it if at first you succeed with getting bit try try again LOL. that and looks like he was trying to get a look at your goodies LOL.
    LOL Yeah, when I first picked him up, he kept biting at my shirt. He was nibbling my finger, but then decided to bite hard. Later on he reached over and bit the crap out of my chest, too. I think he was hungry!
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Owl View Post
    I think he was hungry!
    Someone forgot to tell him he's not a mammal.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Default Thanks

THA,
    Thanks for welcoming me to the summercamp Saturday. Sorry I couldn't stay longer(and enjoy the food), and sorry for taking up valuable parking space that prevented other members from being able to attend.

I've already got a couple of falconry books orderered for 'learning' material. Already learned nictitating(thanks Mike Beran). Hope you don't mind me hanging around and listening to hawk talk in the future.

Thanks,
    Gary Cain - Tyler, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdy8special View Post
    THA,
    Thanks for welcoming me to the summercamp Saturday. Sorry I couldn't stay longer(and enjoy the food), and sorry for taking up valuable parking space that prevented other members from being able to attend.

I've already got a couple of falconry books orderered for 'learning' material. Already learned nictitating(thanks Mike Beran). Hope you don't mind me hanging around and listening to hawk talk in the future.

Thanks,
    Gary Cain - Tyler, TX
    Glad you could make it to the picnic! Beran is a great teacher, so you got to learn from one of the best!!! And don't worry about the parking thing...you are just as important as anyone else that was there!
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdy8special View Post
    Already learned nictitating(thanks Mike Beran). Hope you don't mind me hanging around and listening to hawk talk in the future.
    Hey Gary,

Glad you could make it out, we can always use another Falconer in the area!

I'm already tired of waiting on the books to come in that I've got ordered - would someone put a video on youtube reading William Oakes or other falconry books and I'll just download it to my laptop and maybe we'll get a whole book on audio before too long(with the author's permission of course).

Looks like I'm very lucky to live in a hotbed of falconry with so many members living in the east Texas area(Shreveport included).
    I've already have done some leather work(made a saddle, halters, harness for a draft horse) but with every new trade there are new tricks to be learned. Thanks Michael for showing how to make the leg thingies for the birds(I'm still ignorant of the terms). I'm already eyeing and figuring how to make hoods(someone please stop me from this-ha).

Thanks all for including me in your association. Yall've got me staring up into the trees on my drive to work looking for hawks. What's next?

Thread Information