Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
got a msg from the Treas. he's got your info/check...so thatt's taken care of. Next , I'd start asking around for sponsoring-prone persons and pick yerself a good one, and start studying for the test.
AWESOME... I signed up for the Seminars up at SOAR with Berni, and it was AWESOME! I had a couple of questions and learned ALOT... I have ordered the CHC guide and I have been reading a number of books on the subject even gone as far as putting my own study guide, built form questions others have said were on the Federal test. I was hoping to talk to a couple of the Liscenced fellows up at the Seminar.

let me know if you think this is the wrong way to think about this. My oppinion when it comes to choosing a sponssr is that this is as much of an interview for them as it is for me. they want to know that I am serious but in the same sence I do not want a sponcor whois going to be a "paper sponsor" i guess you call them. I think if I am going to learn from someone I want to learn form the BEST. and lets face it, I know my learning style (hands on) and if my sponsor is a hands off kind of person I probabaly will not learn as much. there is ALOT to learn from books but for me being there and seeing interactions is the best method for me.

am I off with this thinking? I just want to learn as MUCh as possible. and who ever it is that says we are always apprentices, I agree

thanks guys for all your patience and youre suggestions.

does anyone have any sugestions of a "Must have book?" I am also looking into leatherworking, does anyone have a beginers book that they recomend?