Here in southwest Wyoming, white-tailed jackrabbits crashed. Big time. I'm looking for spots to hawk jackrabbits, either whitetails or blacktails in Idaho, Colorado, Utah, or Nevada this coming fall and winter, 2009. I've got a new passage male golden eagle that I'm just itching to get going on jacks.

Since I would have to travel, and I'm quite willing to travel, it would be great to get with a group of people who were serious game hawkers to gather somewhere to hawk jacks in an area that has some. Right now, I don't know where to go. There aren't any here, I know that. There has to be pocketed areas throughout the west, somewhere, where there are good numbers of jacks. I'd like to start taking notes and finding out where to take a few short trips this fall and winter.

I would be willing to share an old ridge trapping area here in Wyoming with anyone interested in trapping a passage goshawk, or almost any shade of passage redtail your imagination can come up with. Wyoming is the classic, nonresident trapping state. You just have to buy a permit.

I will be paying attention to this thread. Please don't bury it. It's time to start planning.

In the hopes of good hawking.