Quote Originally Posted by Jack
You probably won't take this serious. Most people don't. But what I am reading tells me that you do not keep food available all the time. I just got done raising an imprint and I know that they do not ever eat a half a crop if food is available 24/7. The reason the bird is screaming, and he is screaming, is simply because he is feeling hunger. That makes them scream. If food is left available to them all the time, they graze all day and do not eat in the morning until as late as 10 in the morning. They have food in the gut all the time and just don't suffer hunger. If you feed them meals, they get hungry and will start screaming. Even after they have eaten half a crop they still feel hungry for a half hour or more until the food gets into the gut.
I think I would take him out of that tub too. I would put him out on the floor and let him have the run of at lease a room. NEVER place a falcon on a smooth floor either or it will dislocate it's hips. If you just chop up the meat into little tiny tidbits so he won't choke on them he can feed himself. And I would not worry about letting him feed on a whole carcus until he is starting to feather out and can run like a chicken.
If you can not be home to keep the food dish full all the time, make some sort of arrangments or take him to work with you, but keep the food dish full. If he develops into a screamer you will hate it. A real screamer will scream for the sake of screaming. Almost like having Tourettes Syndrome or something. A knee jerk reaction is to scream. Day and night, scream.

Jack
Jack,
Thanks for the post. I have been having food availible 24/7 for a few days now, i dont remember how many. You're right about the grazing thing, although sometimes he does crop up it's not nearly as often as before. I learned my lesson with the "meal times" which was suggested by a few folks, and since screaming has greatly diminished. Screaming has even diminished since the start of this thread thankfully [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Thanks again everyone for all the help. Things seem to be going pretty well at this point! Mornings are not as bad anymore either. This morning the power burped overnight and my alarm didn't go off, i woke up at 930 to a hungry bird [but not screaming]. Once he saw i was awake he screamed for a few minutes while he jumped about and flapped, then he was quiet. So it appears that even when hungry he doesnt scream as much as he was... [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]