Thread: My new little girl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think I agree with that....when they are still young, they do need us and certainly by this time they are wedded to the lure. I revise my first comment...thanks for clarifiying that for me.
    Scott

Any updates on your Coop's?
    Eric

She is doing pretty well. When I went to pick up her baggies today I found out the lady next door who sometimes feeds my phessies didn't close the pen correctly and all but 3 of them have escaped. I guess that means it is really time to step up my efforts and get this bird hunting and killing.
    Mark

Oh sorry for the lack of pics my stupid camera is still broken.
    Mark

She chased two sparrows yesterday that I thought I had slowed down enough that she could catch them. I broke the flight feathers on both wings of both birds. To bad cover was so close or she would have caught them. She left the glove like a rocket but the little buggers beat her to the cover. It was amazing to me that the sparrows could even fly I mangled the feathers up pretty bad. After she missed those two I gave her one I knew couldn't fly just to keep her confident. I was pretty cool to watch her chase them. I caught a bunch of sparrows so I'm going to use them for the next couple of days. All I'm waiting for now is her to hardpen so I can drop her weight and get her hunting.
    Mark

Any updates?
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

I made some mistakes and she turned super nasty and was very loud. I could stand the noise and the going after my legs but then she started going for my face and other people which made it no fun to fly her. I tried to find someone here in Ohio that would take her but no one wanted her so I took her about 40 miles into the middle of nowhere and turned her loose. I don't think I will be doing another imprint any time soon thats for sure.
    Mark

Thread Information