Thread: Hello all, I am new:)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carly!

It's Bridget! Have a great time here at NAFEX!

Thanks Hawking

Hey bridget!! thanks, and i sure will
    -Carly
    Falconry is a lifestyle... never a hobby.

welcome
    i understand why your mom wants you to do equine,, who wouldnt want free vet work when its in the family..
    you will also find a larger clientel with the equine than the avain.
    but you have plenty of time to deside that at least another 10 years of schooling you will change your mind 50 times ..
    with the risk of being blunt here ,, i would suggest taking Ev's advice.
    welcome
    David

Thanks roper...

Yeah i agree with the equine suggestions, and I am sure I may or may not change my mind, I am yet young
    What advise were you talking about? I am a tad confused.
    -Carly

Quote Originally Posted by Carly View Post
    Thanks roper...

Yeah i agree with the equine suggestions, and I am sure I may or may not change my mind, I am yet young
    What advise were you talking about? I am a tad confused.
    Welcome to the forum Carly! I am glad to see a youngster on here flying. Good stuff. I was younger than you when I was flying imprint coops at game, and when I was your age people were telling me I was too young to fly birds successfully! LOL We proved them all wrong, huh

The advice everyone is talking about is putting your name into you signature so that you are "signing" every post with your first name. The idea behind the practice is that way we are all on a friendly first name basis here. But if you do not start signing your name on the bottom of your posts soon, then normally nice people around here will start getting all kinds of bent out of shape. People will be at their computers like this frusfrusfrus so take pity on them and just put your first name in the signature for heavens sake already... Otherwise there is just no telling what extreme and dangerous lengths the Signature Nazis will go to in order to force compliance! In the end we all must give in and conform and obey....so do not attempt to resist.

You might want to talk to Dan Paradis by the way as he is familiar with hawking up there in the Land of Great Coldness, and he also hawks from horseback. I have done a little of that myself and if you are set up to do it then there is noting better in my opinion.

Welcome again,
    and good hawking
    Tom

From what I understood if your name IS your login title (ie - if mine were Michelle not Borderhawk) like hers is than she doesn't have to do that....
    Michelle M., Fort Thomas, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAustringer View Post
    Welcome to the forum Carly! I am glad to see a youngster on here flying. Good stuff. I was younger than you when I was flying imprint coops at game, and when I was your age people were telling me I was too young to fly birds successfully! LOL We proved them all wrong, huh

The advice everyone is talking about is putting your name into you signature so that you are "signing" every post with your first name. The idea behind the practice is that way we are all on a friendly first name basis here. But if you do not start signing your name on the bottom of your posts soon, then normally nice people around here will start getting all kinds of bent out of shape. People will be at their computers like this frusfrusfrus so take pity on them and just put your first name in the signature for heavens sake already... Otherwise there is just no telling what extreme and dangerous lengths the Signature Nazis will go to in order to force compliance! In the end we all must give in and conform and obey....so do not attempt to resist.

You might want to talk to Dan Paradis by the way as he is familiar with hawking up there in the Land of Great Coldness, and he also hawks from horseback. I have done a little of that myself and if you are set up to do it then there is noting better in my opinion.

Welcome again,
    and good hawking

Aahahaha that made my day... okay i see what you mean know thanks for the welcome

yup me and Dan have already spoke, he lives about 10 hours away from me.
    -Carly

Just wanted to say Hi and
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Thread Information