Thread: Broken Receivers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Broken Receivers

Anyone have one that stopped working, laying around the house collecting dust somewhere in a corner? If its not going to be used, would you be willing to give it away/sell it for pretty cheap? I know antennas and such can be reused, so i'm not askin about that...just the broken hardware part. Don't know what type of response I will get, but i thought i would try.
    -Dan-
    All the best,
    -Dan-

Hi Dan,

I don't have any broken receivers, but you might check some of the coon hunting forums for good deals. I found this forum:

http://www.coondawgs.com/

It looks like it has lots of equipment classifieds.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Thanks for the heads up! I will def check those out. I'm hoping I can find a broken one, and just fix it myself...that would def help this broke newly wed . Are dog receivers commonly used with falconry birds? I hadn't ever lookin into them, cause i assumed they had poor range. The ones that say they go 12 miles that have the SMA connectors for yagis.....is that 12 miles standard and when you add the yagi it increases, or is that 12 miles with the yagi? Your peregrine looks great! Glad to hear that you didn't have any troubles on the climb (though to be honest...I was hoping it would be a scary climb/rap, so i would have an excuse to drive out there and help out!)
    All the best,
    -Dan-

Be sure to match the frequencies between receiver and transmitter. Dog tracking units are typically a different frequency then falconry transmitters.
    Fred Dewey
    "The bird hunting the locust is unaware of the hawk hunting it."

Quote Originally Posted by rcklmbr2586 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I will def check those out. I'm hoping I can find a broken one, and just fix it myself...that would def help this broke newly wed . Are dog receivers commonly used with falconry birds? I hadn't ever lookin into them, cause i assumed they had poor range. The ones that say they go 12 miles that have the SMA connectors for yagis.....is that 12 miles standard and when you add the yagi it increases, or is that 12 miles with the yagi? Your peregrine looks great! Glad to hear that you didn't have any troubles on the climb (though to be honest...I was hoping it would be a scary climb/rap, so i would have an excuse to drive out there and help out!)
    12 miles before yagi, around 20 after yagi.
    Thanks,
    Wes

i used a VR500 for a while. it is a hand held scanner. you can program in what ever frequency you want. i just found to be not very convenient to carry with me as it needs a yagi to be directional. dont know if you'll find one broke or not, but they do show up on Ebay sometimes in the $150.00 range i sold it to my Dad as he need'd some telemetry on the cheap and he loves it. i moved onto the Tracker Maxima which i just LOVE! and still have my MN-10 as a back up.......
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

ya, I was lookin at the tracker maxim....they have a refurb 5000/100 max complete for only $525 with a year warranty one their website...its a great deal, but I just don't have the coin sitting around for that (esp consdering i'm going to be flying a kestrel, and won't even use it this season). What kind of range do you get with yours, and do you know what it gets with a yagi?
    All the best,
    -Dan-

Thread Information