Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
Falconry politics are a totally different issue. We are not discussing the presidency here.

No offence Rob but member's like you that follow blindly are just what NAFA wants. You say run for office and that's great, but how many people actually research the candidates vs. who votes for the name they recognize? Perfect example. There were 2 or 3 central director candidates 2 years ago that were not big names and not NAFA lackeys. NAFA went to Lance and asked him to run. One reason was he was a name people recognised and the second was he would fit nicely with the current board. I could have told you that he would be elected by default, because when I was new I too did the same thing and voted for the name I recognised instead of the best candidate. Lance has stated numerous times to numerous people that he had no desire to be a director and would NOT seek reelection, yet there he is on the ballot.

Just like a sports team, past championships/victories don't buy you the fans good will forever. For example paying fans of the Dallas Cowboys expect nothing less than greatness and more superbowls. The fact that they won 3 in the 90's means nothing now. No one is arguing what NAFA has done in the VERY distant past , but the current board is running amock and then posting the evidence online for the few that actually read the board minutes. Are you familiar with the issues being discussed? Do you know how they tried to royaly screw us over the whole private property issue? They have not made a profit in the past few years yet they are now spending a lot of money on a planner to organize the future of the organization....WTF! At the same time they have yet to spend a dime to make or falconry actually better in this country. With or without NAFA the feds were going to make the rules less restictive. NAFA has nothing to do with the individual states adopting the rules. So I ask what exactly has NAFA done lately? When someone comes along and makes valid points and complaints they are either swept under the rug (Bebee Webster petition), ignored, or treated like dirt for questioning the organization. What the board needs is more directors like Eric that actually keep thier directorate informed and seek advice from the members, but low and behold they have given themselves the right to terminate directors that don't tow thew company line. You really think they are the be all end all still? Like you Rob I am a NAFA member. Like the sports fan I have paid my money and have a right to complain.
krys, the sports analogy is right on. in the eyes of the masses, you are only as good as your last play. and in the eyes of many, Nafa has booted the grounder and is not willing to stay after the game and practice.