Good day all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Joseph and live in south central Missouri in the middle of the Mark Twain national forest. There has always been a fascination with Birds of Prey and on the way back from visiting my girlfriend’s new grand baby down in southern Florida, we stopped in Chattanooga TN at Rock City. While we were there we watched a presentation about BOP which again piqued my interest. From there I have been reading and studying anything and everything I can find on the subject. This forum is a wonderful asset.

A few weeks ago I stopped into my vet office to get some frontline for my cats and spoke to the vet concerning his experience with avian medicine, which was minimal. After talking for a bit about my plans he gave me the number of a local master falconer, who is now my sponsor.

Last Friday I went to the local Conservation Officer and took my test. Today I got a call from the State coordinator (Julie) who told me that I scored a 94%. Officer Mills was great and has expressed interest in going hunting with me once I have my bird.

So now I have a sponsor, have passed my test, have my mews nearly completed, trap built and the rest of the furniture will be forthcoming. Now I just have to finish everything and get my inspection so that I can get my permits.