Thread: AFC Website

Default AFC Website

After the members of WRTC voted to change the club's name to American Falconry Conservancy the board decided to also build a new website. We sought the help of a professional design firm to give us a new logo and Oscar Ruiz went to work on a very nice new website.

Now, a few months later, the site is up and I think Oscar did a great job.

www.falconryconservancy.org
    Eric Edwards

Eric that looks very nice to me. Nice and easy to navigate, easy to read content and easy to extend and alter the site.
    Very well done, I'm sure that site will serve your club for many years to come.
    If I may offer a few constructive criticisms;
    Firstly the webmaster@haws4fun.com email address at the bottom of your pages. I would suggest you remove it or replace it with a contact form similar to what you have on the contact us page. If you leave it like it is that address will get harvested by spammers and before long it will become a chore just to get the mail downloaded, never mind trying to dig out the legitimate mails amongst all the tinned meat.

Two, I like the print and contact links on each page, but your email contact form seems to be missing the message body field. (this is the popup page not the contact us page!) You have mailto: rcptto: and subject fields but no message body. I ran a test and it includes a link to the page that the link was clicked from, but typically one would append any included content to the end of a user supplied message body.

Finally if you get a few minutes its always worth including a sitemap of your website. This is a simple HTML link page with a link to every page in your site. These are very useful to the search engines and as your site grows help you as developer keep track of how many pages you have to maintain.

Well done!!
    Lets hope NAFA's new site turns out as good.
    ~Evan
    You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss! You take the foods outa my cheldrens mouf wif your hacking. I tell FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by ericedw View Post
    After the members of WRTC voted to change the club's name to American Falconry Conservancy the board decided to also build a new website. We sought the help of a professional design firm to give us a new logo and Oscar Ruiz went to work on a very nice new website.

Very nice Eric. Please give my regards to Oscar and everyone else responsible for the wonderful new AFC website.
    Dan McCarron
    John 3: 16

Very nice, now I need the field meet info.
    Fred Seaman
    “Ask, Listen, Learn, Grow”

Nicely done.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Quote Originally Posted by jfseaman View Post
    Very nice, now I need the field meet info.
    Field meet info will be coming soon. It will be mid November in KS. I will get details up asap!

Jason
    Jason Hausman - AFC Moderator
    Tundra Peregrine Falcon, Red-Tailed Hawk & German Shorthaired Pointer

Nice job guys.. good to see it up so quickly. I have to say this speaks volumes about the AFC.
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Eric,

Really love the new website! Very, very nice! to Oscar for such a great job!

Now, when is AFC going to start offering decals, t-shirts......stuff? LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Now, when is AFC going to start offering decals, t-shirts......stuff? LOL
    Coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jhausman View Post
    Coming soon!
    Can I order a plain white with no writing or labels.
    ~Evan
    You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss! You take the foods outa my cheldrens mouf wif your hacking. I tell FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by areal View Post
    Can I order a plain white with no writing or labels.
    Yes, from Hanes or Fruit of the Loom.

I just renewed my Membership in the AFC this morning. I was on the new website, nicely done, and was curious if there will be a Forum section added there or will NAFEX site/section serve as the interactive forum type interface?
    ~ Lee
    "Nature does nothing uselessly." Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Slikkers View Post
    I just renewed my Membership in the AFC this morning. I was on the new website, nicely done, and was curious if there will be a Forum section added there or will NAFEX site/section serve as the interactive forum type interface?
    NAFEX has been chosen for the Official AFC Forum. We did this for two reasons. First, Chris Lynn and NAFEX freakin' rock! Second, we wanted it to be open to the entire falconry community.

We hope membership can see the benefits of both.

Thanks Lee! Really glad to have you aboard!

Jason

NAFEX has been chosen for the Official AFC Forum. We did this for two reasons. First, Chris Lynn and NAFEX freakin' rock! Second, we wanted it to be open to the entire falconry community.

Jason
    I agree with the choice of location, Chris, thanks for having them/us here on NAFEX.

Glad to be a member again Jason.
    ~ Lee
    "Nature does nothing uselessly." Aristotle

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Slikkers View Post
    I agree with the choice of location, Chris, thanks for having them/us here on NAFEX.

Glad to be a member again Jason.

Thanks Guys for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.

It is my pleasure to have AFC here. I was honored when they approached me about their presence on NAFEX. One major goal both AFC and NAFEX share is to inform falconers in a proactive and logical manner. Our pairing enhances this fundamental goal 10 fold.

The fact that AFC wants to be on an open forum speaks volumes about their willingness to bring everything out in the open and not hide behind the cloak of board meetings, member status, and same old " we are working on it" excuses. They saw the need to have a forum to get information to the falconry community. The AFC stepped up and got the job done. For me, this action alone sold me on the AFC. I couldn't say Yes fast enough. It is a win win for NAFEX, AFC, and the falconry community.
    Last edited by Chris L.; 07-07-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Thread Information