Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passage Gyr/saker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    outhawkn Guest

Default Passage Gyr/saker

She "flew" from New York to Minnesota, doesnt that make her a passage bird? Ok, probably not, but here she is:

15 days old and home 15 minutes. And look at that pretty face!

Her name is Nyla (inuit for tastes like chicken) not really, it means The Smiling One.

She's looking great, are you gonna keep a log?

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Boy
    She's looking great, are you gonna keep a log?
    Thanks, she is wearing her supper, but managed to get some in her crop also.
    As for a log. No Sir! Your doing great! Well...actually I broke out the Canon HX and am going to film the whole thing. If all turns out I will take it from the first day, lure training,kite training, and finish off with a stoop on wild game that makes all gyr/sakers hang their heads in shame, OR NOT. In which case I will through it away! [smilie=dontknow.gif]

Congradulations Bill. Love the pic - mess and all. Please keep us informed if it's only with pics.
    Kim Mauldin

"Believe"
    Marian & Bob Bailey

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kimmerar
    Congradulations Bill. Love the pic - mess and all. Please keep us informed if it's only with pics.
    Dont ya just love a purty face?

[smilie=eusa_clap.gif]
    Kim Mauldin

"Believe"
    Marian & Bob Bailey

Bill,
    She looks great. That big crop and messy face always puts a smile on my face [smilie=icon_thumright.gif] .

I cant wait to see the video log. Great idea. I hope all goes well. Please keep us updated
    ~Chris L.

"Do just once, what others say you can't do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again... "

Oh Bill! You should have put up a GRAPHIC warning or something. I almost lost my breakfast when I saw that pic [smilie=BangHead.gif] Just messin' with you man! [smilie=banana.gif] It will be fun to watch your little guy grow too!
    Thanks,
    Wes

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L.
    Bill,
    She looks great. That big crop and messy face always puts a smile on my face [smilie=icon_thumright.gif] .

I cant wait to see the video log. Great idea. I hope all goes well. Please keep us updated
    Thanks Chris

Anybody can make a "How To" DVD, Maybe I can start a new trend, " How Not To". [smilie=smileys13.gif] [smilie=icon_hang.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by outhawkn
    Thanks Chris

Anybody can make a "How To" DVD, Maybe I can start a new trend, " How Not To". [smilie=smileys13.gif] [smilie=icon_hang.gif]
    LOL, [smilie=icon_toilet.gif] . I can take care of that department for sure.
    ~Chris L.

"Do just once, what others say you can't do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again... "

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyc6
    Oh Bill! You should have put up a GRAPHIC warning or something. I almost lost my breakfast when I saw that pic [smilie=BangHead.gif] Just messin' with you man! [smilie=banana.gif] It will be fun to watch your little guy grow too!
    Ya, I feel like a kid in a candy store! I told my wife that since I got a new falocn I HAD to have a new puppy. I tried blaming that one on Noah too. [smilie=smileys13.gif] But my wife didnt fall for it. So she decided it was her turn for a new puppy. I relunctently(sp) agreed. She decided on a Brittany. [smilie=banana.gif] Hot Dog, I am Lucky or what!

I'm jealous, but best of luck!

I hope your wife enjoys "her" Brittany pup. I've seen some that made me think I should get one for my wife too. Might be a good anniversary present or something.

I have a question. What does a Gyr/Saker fly like? Is there another bird that it can be compared to so that I can get an idea? I've seen male and female Gyr, Gyr/Peregrine and Gyr/Barbary fly, and I flew a female Saker to the lure for a few months at work, but I've never seen a Gyr/Saker fly.
    Dave

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chamokane
    I hope your wife enjoys "her" Brittany pup. I've seen some that made me think I should get one for my wife too. Might be a good anniversary present or something.

I have a question. What does a Gyr/Saker fly like? Is there another bird that it can be compared to so that I can get an idea? I've seen male and female Gyr, Gyr/Peregrine and Gyr/Barbary fly, and I flew a female Saker to the lure for a few months at work, but I've never seen a Gyr/Saker fly.
    Dave, I dont know yet what a gyr/saker flys like. This is my first one. But I will let you know. It wont be all that long either. She is growing like a weed! I'll get a picure up tonight,maybe. Me and "that" camera dont always see eye to eye. Or I would post more pic's for sure. But as it is, its pure old luck when I get them to post! ! [smilie=eusa_pray.gif]

outhawkn Guest

All that EATING is hard work! Made the baby girl..Tired! [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif]

Very cute Bill. Welcome to the jungle!
    Thanks,
    Wes

outhawkn Guest

Very cute Bill. Welcome to the jungle!
    Wes, Its kind of funny how mine, yours and Noah's bird all look alike for awhile. And then one day, almost over night they each go their seperate way.(looks wise). [smilie=dontknow.gif]

Yes, they do start out so similiar. Even out to 21 days. After that, the change is fast!
    Thanks,
    Wes

outhawkn Guest

Chris,

You "put" her in the imprint section! What were you thinking? Now she will know she is an imprint and start making noise,avoiding the hood,etc. [smilie=smileys13.gif] [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

Or maybe not. Check your PM's please

Quote Originally Posted by outhawkn
    Chris,

You "put" her in the imprint section! What were you thinking? Now she will know she is an imprint and start making noise,avoiding the hood,etc. [smilie=smileys13.gif] [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

Or maybe not. Check your PM's please
    LOL, I know if she starts screaming I will take the fall for sure [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] . I had to let her know she was adopted.. sorry Bill [smilie=smileys13.gif]

got your PM.. I wrote ya back let me know what you think [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]
    ~Chris L.

outhawkn Guest

OH MY GOSH! My baby girl is getting ...large!
    Weighed her this morning. at 27 days old she is a scrawny 48 oz's.
    Will post a picture tonight.

Jimmy Guest

She sounds like she must be defective, Bill.
    Best send her to me........

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    She sounds like she must be defective, Bill.
    Best send her to me........
    You would have to keep a small herd of cattle, she eats...alot! [smilie=banana.gif]

Jimmy Guest

There are cows across the street, and a small herd of buffaloes just up the road........ I think I could rustle up something for her to eat [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

outhawkn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    There are cows across the street, and a small herd of buffaloes just up the road........ I think I could rustle up something for her to eat [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]
    WOW! you would do that for me. Arent you something. [smilie=smileys13.gif]

Good gracious!!!!!! That is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Wes

pics [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

outhawkn Guest

Good gracious!!!!!! That is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wes I know! i read the digital output twice. Asked my wife to come read it and then replaced the batteries and read it again. MY,MY,MY....she's a BIG girl!

outhawkn Guest

pics [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]
    Soon, new computer and a new camera!

Default Move

Falcon Boy:
    When are you making your move? Man it got to be hot down there this time of year.
    [smilie=sunny.gif]
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

I start the drive august 10

outhawkn Guest

If the temperature gets above 70, this baby starts looking for her ice bottle.
    oops, sorry new computer and camera. will try again.

outhawkn Guest

And a picture from today.
    Getting to be a big bird.

Bill,
    She is looking great. Glad to see it and thanks for the pics! [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

outhawkn Guest

Bill,
    She is looking great. Glad to see it and thanks for the pics! [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]
    Noah, do you remember me telling you she is supposed to be"light to white", I guess we can throw that silly notion out the window!

Thread Information