Thread: NC Peregrine Take!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NC Peregrine Take!!!

Bob Pendergrass and I have been back and forth to Raleigh, NC to talk peregrine take with NCWRC so many times in the past several months I am considering new tires for my FJ. Seems our diligence has paid off. Yesterday, myself, Bob, Daren McGrew and Larry Dickerson sat in on the commisioners meeting and found that they supported take - I have been holing my breath to hear tnews of the official vote this morning.

As NC Falconers Guild Vice President and Easter Director of AFC I wanted to get this up on NAFEX asap. I just got off the phone with Bob Pendergrass (NCFG President) and I am pleased to announced that North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission voted unanimously today to allow Peregrine take on the coast of NC. There are a lot of details that I will be posting on this thread soon. This is just such good news that I wanted to get it out there. There will be two lotteries. One for two birds for NC Falconers only and one lottery for the remaining bird for NC and Non-Resident falconers. I will be posting all the stipulations on take as well as the scheduling for the lottery application asap. I have all the stipulations on take in my possession - the information on the lottery application process should be in my hands in the next week or so.

This honestly feels like some kind of dream.

Thanks to ALL who have helped to make this day a reality! Too many to count!

Jason
    Jason Hausman - AFC Moderator
    Tundra Peregrine Falcon, Red-Tailed Hawk & German Shorthaired Pointer

CONGRATS!!! Quite the accomplishment!
    -Isaac

I don't have plans for a peregrine anytime soon, but that is great news!
    Thanks for all the hard work, Jason.
    Ling A.
    “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”

i'm IN!!!!! just let me know when to send in the moolah!
    Ben

Congratulations!!! So who gets the credit? AFC or NAFA, both were present right?
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Congratulations!!! So who gets the credit? AFC or NAFA, both were present right?
    I suspect the NC falconers, good job guys, I know what a process that can be.
    Eric Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by ericedw View Post
    I suspect the NC falconers, good job guys, I know what a process that can be.
    Ha! Yes Eric... you posted as I was typing! You know more than most!

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    It is not my place to give credit. But I will say that this was due to the hard work of a very few NC Falconers. A mere handful of us made all the meetings and worked our tails off to make this happen. Did some of us consult reps from AFC and NAFA early on in the process? Yes.

But the truth is that we succeeded due to the wonderful relationship with have with NCWRC. This relationship is a direct result of the years of work that NCFG officers and members have put in to develop that relationship.

I am an NCFG Officer, an AFC Director and a NAFA member. So...I say this is a victory for falconry. Period. AFC, NAFA, Peregrine Fund, NCFG and more falconers than I could list have been working on this for decades. To give credit to one group or individual would be folly.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jhausman View Post
    It is not my place to give credit. But I will say that this was due to the hard work of a very few NC Falconers. A mere handful of us made all the meetings and worked our tails off to make this happen. Did some of us consult reps from AFC and NAFA early on in the process? Yes.

But the truth is that we succeeded due to the wonderful relationship with have with NCWRC. This relationship is a direct result of the years of work that NCFG officers and members have put in to develop that relationship.

I am an NCFG Officer, an AFC Director and a NAFA member. So...I say this is a victory for falconry. Period. AFC, NAFA, Peregrine Fund, NCFG and more falconers than I could list have been working on this for decades. To give credit to one group or individual would be folly.

Jason
    Sorry Jason, I was throwing stones. I get so tired of this group or that group spouting off their accomplishments when we're all working for a common goal.

I'm envious of you guys with a passage take, and as one who has exercised their right to eyas peregrine let me tell you there have been few things as exciting as taking a peregrine from the wild.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    i'm IN!!!!! just let me know when to send in the moolah!
    Ok Ben, when we go trapping for "OUR" peregrines, do you want a falcon or a tiercel? LOL Can't wait to get the information on the lottery process! Definately a historic day for all falconers and especially, NC falconers! I have no idea if I will do one justice, but I sure will give it my all if I am one of the 3.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for all the hard work, very well done!
    Brent
    The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night! Ricky Bobby's Grandpaw

Hey, I did the first peregrine release in NC at Grandfather Mountain in 1984...do I get the honorary first permit to trap one? Seems only fair.
    Bryant Tarr
    Hawk Hill Falconry

Default Trapping

Doggone it, Jason! I TOLD ya not to let Fred know about this opportunity!! It's gonna be crowded with all sorts of riffraff down there on the Coast in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Ok Ben, when we go trapping for "OUR" peregrines, do you want a falcon or a tiercel? LOL Can't wait to get the information on the lottery process! Definately a historic day for all falconers and especially, NC falconers! I have no idea if I will do one justice, but I sure will give it my all if I am one of the 3.
    Daren

Quote Originally Posted by NCFalconer View Post
    Doggone it, Jason! I TOLD ya not to let Fred know about this opportunity!! It's gonna be crowded with all sorts of riffraff down there on the Coast in Sept.

Sorry D, I blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCFalconer View Post

Hey Daren, shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I already know where to go! LOL We had 3 hit our nets when we were there trapping a merlin in 2006.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    i want a female!!!! i have a small duck and dove killer...i need a mallard buster!
    Ben

i'm just wondering where i'm gonna come up with the 5 bucks
    Ben

Thread Information