Well after the great duck catch which I had him at 26.0 oz. he was really pissy and acted after a full crop like he had nothing to eat. First time like that for him. On Sunday he was wound up but at 27.5 oz. and was more like old'self. On Monday's feeding when picked up he was 27.25 oz. and was grouchy and some threating body language but okay..hyper. On Tuesday at 27.5 oz he was a lunatic and never acted so pissed off and threating during his eating as never before so I gave him a full crop of rabbit meat as it was getting colder...high 30's at night. Today he was a wopping 28.65 oz but acting like 27 or less with body language not as aggressive. I wanted him to chase a cockbird so we planted a big male with full long tail and we went hunting. I never flew him that heavy but he really seemed in "the mood". After busting the brush my wife got to the bird...kicked the brush and the cockbird blasted off ka..ka..ka..ka..ka and rising like in the movies with Jedi pumping real hard....coming in low and ringing up it was a classical...perfect grab the breast and bringing the cockbird to the ground!
When they hit he tried to change footing and the chase was off again but he was on that bird like a "cheap suit" and plucking like a madman who never ate for 4 days.
What ??? the bird broke free again but he again had the bird contolled and the bird was playing possum because the minute the bird changed one foot he made a huge move in the higher grasss and took off with the chase >125 yards and heading for the fence row with the gos doing a wing over and back on the cockbird but in the briars. The bird was trying to head deeper in the briars and until I was able to cross the barbed wird fence the bird was running through the brush. The gos quickly came to the lure then glove and we trit to fine the pheasant but could not and the sun was setting fast and darkness was upon us. Back to the mew and time for the final feeding. His demeanor was very good and did not seem to be mad but very much in the hunting framework.
Questions or comments please......
  1. Why the real bad behavior at 26.0 oz vs. 26.25?
  2. Why the real hard chase at 28.65 oz, as I never flew him that heavy and use to not come to the lure readily above 27.25?
  3. Could this be his new weight?...but at hard penned he was 29-30oz.
This is my second eyas gos..first male............cheers.......jm