Thread: hello new to here got banned from the uk..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default hello new to here got banned from the uk..

Hi all joined you guys as the uk one is a bit sh.....
    and there veiws on cats in the garden with your hawk wasnt the same as mine...
    So here i am hope everyone is good and a special hi to the ladies out there??? frus

Quote Originally Posted by uglybear View Post
    So here i am hope everyone is good and a special hi to the ladies out there??? frus
    Hi Uglybear,

Welcome to NAFEX. Couple of rules, sign your posts with your name - keeps things friendly, no threads about religion, politics, or any illegal (in the US or UK) activity.

What birds do you have, and what quarry do you fly with them?
    Last edited by Saluqi; 07-13-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Hi paul

fly gos and redtail at the moment upto recently had a pere barbry and a pere gyr and 2 harris hawks down sized now due to work...

Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Hi Uglybear,

Welcome to NAFEX. Couple of rules, sign your posts with your name - keeps things friendly, no threads about religion, politics, or any illegal (in the US or UK) activity.

What birds do you have, and what quarry do you fly with them?
    fly them at anything i think is fair game rabbits hares ducks piegons carrion
    squirrels pheasant partridge coots moorhens.

and there veiws on cats in the garden with your hawk wasnt the same as mine...frus
    PMSL, Personally I find suddenly doubling the usual length of the leash stops a persistent cat from bothering my birds again.

PS: Best to only do it with a made bird!!
    ~Evan
    You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss! You take the foods outa my cheldrens mouf wif your hacking. I tell FBI.

Ugly Bear,
    Welcome, to what is fast becoming the dumping ground for all you opinionated Englishmen. Yup even you Barny. Lets just hope the French don't find us! Ugly Bear, I used to run a pet shop as a young guy. Took in all the kittens the neighborhood to produce. Never sold a one and never had more than 3 in the window at any one time. I flew Redtails back then. ATB tony
    tony

the way i look at it my birds are worth more than some flea bitten scraggy moggy even if its got a collar on, the way i look at it is you would shoot a stray dog killing your sheep. its protecting your live stock??

Calvin

You gotta protect what is yours.
    tony

I know??? what do you fly and at what

calvin

Quote Originally Posted by tony123abc View Post
    Ugly Bear,
    Welcome, to what is fast becoming the dumping ground for all you opinionated Englishmen. Yup even you Barny. Lets just hope the French don't find us! Ugly Bear, I used to run a pet shop as a young guy. Took in all the kittens the neighborhood to produce. Never sold a one and never had more than 3 in the window at any one time. I flew Redtails back then. ATB tony

i ruzent that rumark tony lol
    from barny

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    i ruzent that rumark tony lol
    Hi barnaby you ok mate your right athere a bunch of pri... on the uk forum

Hi barnaby you ok mate your right athere a bunch of pri... on the uk forum
    Haha yer sum ar but thers sum that ar prity sawnd. But a lot ar tits . this weters shit ent it
    from barny

Hi Calvin,
    So you've joined the plot to invade as well, welcome to the party!!
    I know what you mean about moggies, my longdogs sort them out.

Have a good time mate !

ATB, Tim.
    Tim

Norfolk, UK

All you are is all you will ever be.

I like them both. In areas that have heavier brush a RT will do better. In the open a ferruge will dominate. As for the huge mouth, yup you gotta get there. But I am a single kill per day guy so I don't mind too much. My ferruges are generaly mid to high 1500 gms to low 1600 gms.

In the open hills where the jacks have to run, a ferruge will be just awsome. I love em.
    I've told my wife, the day I win the lottery she will come home to find a note saying "Won the lottery, gone to trap a wild ferru!!"
    She asked if she could have your phone number so she can reach me while I'm away.

what weight is your furruges ???
    I bet the contents when they reach the other end are quit good wouldnt want to be cleaning the boxes out??
    Calvin this may sound strange but weight is not that important with him. Food is, so once you have him doing what you want him doing its really just a case of making sure he feels well rewarded.
    To get him chasing after stuff (draglures) he has to be reduced to around 2lb 2oz but once he's chasing you just progress onto hunting and as long as you make him do it every day (or dont give him an easy meal on days I need off) he will hunt all the way up to around 2lb 7oz. Cant fly him between 2lb7oz and 2lb10oz, his behavior is just appaling but he will soar and return to his lure at 2lb13oz (fat weight)
    Thing is if I'm honest I last weighed him regularly in the autumn of 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Plantbreeder View Post
    Hi Calvin,
    Have a good time mate !
    ATB, Tim.
    PMSL, as long as its a "feral" one should be perfectly entitled to rid yourself of them.

Funny story this morning.
    I'm stuck baby sitting till Thursday as my wife is away on some work golfball hitting event.
    Had a few jobs to do for customers and had to drag the little one with me. On the way back Ih ad to pickup our dog's "old man" food from the petshop so I tell her to go and look at the guinea pigs while I get the food.
    Got the bag of food and went to look for Orin when I heard her saying something about "Mwagi's food, maggies food (she calls him maggie) and some woman asking her "who's maggie?
    As I walked round the shelf I saw this woman kneeling down by Orin, next to the three rabbits in a cage, just as Orin said "A buzzard!!"
    No jokes you could have pushed a Pringle crisps tube down this womans throat without touching her lips or teeth her mouth dropped open so wide!!
    I just picked Orin up and said "I'm not paying £22.50 for no rabbit, if he wants one he can catch it himself" and left her stood there speachless.

Next time they have a pets service at the wife's church , I'm sending Orin with the redtail. It cant go down worse than my dad putting his 9mm on the pew for the bishop to bless.
    ~Evan
    You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss! You take the foods outa my cheldrens mouf wif your hacking. I tell FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by areal View Post
    I'm stuck baby sitting till Thursday as my wife is away on some work golfball hitting event.
    Had a few jobs to do for customers and had to drag the little one with me. On the way back Ih ad to pickup our dog's "old man" food from the petshop so I tell her to go and look at the guinea pigs while I get the food.
    Got the bag of food and went to look for Orin when I heard her saying something about "Mwagi's food, maggies food (she calls him maggie) and some woman asking her "who's maggie?
    As I walked round the shelf I saw this woman kneeling down by Orin, next to the three rabbits in a cage, just as Orin said "A buzzard!!"
    No jokes you could have pushed a Pringle crisps tube down this womans throat without touching her lips or teeth her mouth dropped open so wide!!
    I just picked Orin up and said "I'm not paying £22.50 for no rabbit, if he wants one he can catch it himself" and left her stood there speachless.

Next time they have a pets service at the wife's church , I'm sending Orin with the redtail. It cant go down worse than my dad putting his 9mm on the pew for the bishop to bless.
    Brilliant! Just got a few funny looks in the office for laughing out loud at my computer screen!

I've told my wife, the day I win the lottery she will come home to find a note saying "Won the lottery, gone to trap a wild ferru!!"
    She asked if she could have your phone number so she can reach me while I'm away.

Calvin this may sound strange but weight is not that important with him. Food is, so once you have him doing what you want him doing its really just a case of making sure he feels well rewarded.
    To get him chasing after stuff (draglures) he has to be reduced to around 2lb 2oz but once he's chasing you just progress onto hunting and as long as you make him do it every day (or dont give him an easy meal on days I need off) he will hunt all the way up to around 2lb 7oz. Cant fly him between 2lb7oz and 2lb10oz, his behavior is just appaling but he will soar and return to his lure at 2lb13oz (fat weight)

PMSL, as long as its a "feral" one should be perfectly entitled to rid yourself of them.

Hi there
    well heres one for you i got two daughters ages 4/7 the youngest went upstairs and started crying when i got up there she claimed the dog had bitten her. I said if its bitten you im going to shoot it???
    so i got the dog off the bed had a look at her not even a blemish any where.
    went back down stairs and i had barnaby over as we carried on with what we were doing my eldest was plotting the dogs death..
    the eldest said to the youngest go and tell dady that the dogs bitten you again so we can have another dog.. as she wouldnt do it, she again said tell dady that the dogs bitten you and we can have a new puppy so that tyler and roxy wont be scared of it (tyler and roxy are barnabys daughters) when i questioned her about it there was no deniel about what she said.... kniving little toe rags they are??
    Calvin

Kids are great.
    tony

Kids are great.
    True, but I couldn't eat a whole one at one sitting.
    Tim

Norfolk, UK

All you are is all you will ever be.

Again astonished my daughter come home today from school with a boomerang in her school bag???? 7 years old?? I think she thinks shes a boy??
    Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Plantbreeder View Post
    Hi Calvin,

Have a good time mate !

ATB, Tim.
    Hi tim i believe you have been speaking to banaby a bit how are things..
    what do you fly at the moment..??
    you got some long dogs .. i got some hares..???
    Calvin

Thread Information