Quote Originally Posted by tony123abc View Post
I like them both. In areas that have heavier brush a RT will do better. In the open a ferruge will dominate. As for the huge mouth, yup you gotta get there. But I am a single kill per day guy so I don't mind too much. My ferruges are generaly mid to high 1500 gms to low 1600 gms.

In the open hills where the jacks have to run, a ferruge will be just awsome. I love em.
I've told my wife, the day I win the lottery she will come home to find a note saying "Won the lottery, gone to trap a wild ferru!!"
She asked if she could have your phone number so she can reach me while I'm away.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybear View Post
what weight is your furruges ???
I bet the contents when they reach the other end are quit good wouldnt want to be cleaning the boxes out??
Calvin this may sound strange but weight is not that important with him. Food is, so once you have him doing what you want him doing its really just a case of making sure he feels well rewarded.
To get him chasing after stuff (draglures) he has to be reduced to around 2lb 2oz but once he's chasing you just progress onto hunting and as long as you make him do it every day (or dont give him an easy meal on days I need off) he will hunt all the way up to around 2lb 7oz. Cant fly him between 2lb7oz and 2lb10oz, his behavior is just appaling but he will soar and return to his lure at 2lb13oz (fat weight)
Thing is if I'm honest I last weighed him regularly in the autumn of 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Plantbreeder View Post
Hi Calvin,
So you've joined the plot to invade as well, welcome to the party!!
I know what you mean about moggies, my longdogs sort them out.
Have a good time mate !
ATB, Tim.
PMSL, as long as its a "feral" one should be perfectly entitled to rid yourself of them.

Funny story this morning.
I'm stuck baby sitting till Thursday as my wife is away on some work golfball hitting event.
Had a few jobs to do for customers and had to drag the little one with me. On the way back Ih ad to pickup our dog's "old man" food from the petshop so I tell her to go and look at the guinea pigs while I get the food.
Got the bag of food and went to look for Orin when I heard her saying something about "Mwagi's food, maggies food (she calls him maggie) and some woman asking her "who's maggie?
As I walked round the shelf I saw this woman kneeling down by Orin, next to the three rabbits in a cage, just as Orin said "A buzzard!!"
No jokes you could have pushed a Pringle crisps tube down this womans throat without touching her lips or teeth her mouth dropped open so wide!!
I just picked Orin up and said "I'm not paying £22.50 for no rabbit, if he wants one he can catch it himself" and left her stood there speachless.

Next time they have a pets service at the wife's church , I'm sending Orin with the redtail. It cant go down worse than my dad putting his 9mm on the pew for the bishop to bless.