Thread: Minnesnowtan Newbie!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Minnesnowtan Newbie!

Hello all,

My name is Phil and I have been reading about falconry for a few years now but never really felt I could do it until now.. I am 19 years old and I am a college student. I share many hobbies with my brother including fish keeping/breeding and cars I have not got my permit yet, but I am looking to do so soon if I can find a mentur and if I start building a pen. I am here now to take in wealth and knowledge and soon to share my experience with you all!

I am also looking for people in Minnesota or nearby so they can help me catch a potential kestrel or red tail after I pass my test! Guide me almighty falconers

~ Phil

Welcome, I'm sure somesof the Minnesota falconers will guide you. You might be able to get info from the Raptor Center at the University of Minnesota.

good luck,

Scott
    “Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.” – Mordecai Wyatt Johnson

Thanks Scott! That's what I am interested in! I am looking for some guidances from some other Minnesotan people, and hopefully I can go on some trips with them!

And for the Rapter Center, I live just a few blocks away so I have been there many times! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by daphilster08 View Post
    Thanks Scott! That's what I am interested in! I am looking for some guidances from some other Minnesotan people, and hopefully I can go on some trips with them!

And for the Rapter Center, I live just a few blocks away so I have been there many times! Thanks!
    yer in the hot spot, most of the falconers I know up there live in and around the cities. I'm sure Lori @ the center can point you in the right direction.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    yer in the hot spot, most of the falconers I know up there live in and around the cities. I'm sure Lori @ the center can point you in the right direction.
    Really!? That is exciting to hear!! I hope someone from Minnesota replys soon frus Lori at the rapter center?

Lori at the raptor center has a falconry permit.
    she has a harris hawk I believe..
    If you have been to the raptor center I am surprised you are not aquainted with her, but stranger things have happend..

have you made any attempts to contact the MN falconers Association?

I am sure you can google the name and it will come up.
    most states have falconers associations.

have you ever attended Game Fair that is in the fall in MN ?
    David

Thread Information