Thread: God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear.

in god we trust

Quote Originally Posted by rembrandt View Post
    in god we trust
    AMEN!
    Steve

Texas

Quote Originally Posted by rembrandt View Post
    [IMG] God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear.
    Great pictures.

Your Biblical reference, a little out of context.

Good hawking,

Dan McCarron
    Last edited by wyodjm; 08-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    Dan McCarron
    John 3: 16

Quote Originally Posted by wyodjm View Post
    Great pictures.

2 Timothy 1: 7-8

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Therefore do no be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God.

Good hawking,

Dan McCarron
    PLEASE...spare me this crap and keep God out of this thread.
    Bryant Tarr -- Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Tarr View Post
    PLEASE...spare me this crap and keep God out of this thread.
    Hey pard, go look at the thread heading. I didn't start it. Relax.
    Dan McCarron

Hey pard, go look at the thread heading. I didn't start it. Relax.
    Yes, I see that. Unfortunate and against the rules of the forum...but from here on out maybe we could discuss Houbara and falconry, not who's Bible is correct.
    Bryant Tarr -- Maine

Yes, I see that. Unfortunate and against the rules of the forum...but from here on out maybe we could discuss Houbara and falconry, not who's Bible is correct.
    No problem. By all means, knock yourself out.

ATB
    Dan McCarron

Quote Originally Posted by Zarafia View Post
    Very beautiful pictures. That white gyr? gyr/saker?
    Lastly, we have asked you before, please sign your name to your posts?
    Your photos are magnificent, but please respect the rules here.
    thanx and its pure saker and i will do my signature right now forgive me plz

No, it is spelled "Houbara" in English. This is a species in trouble and it is hard to justify hunting it...or being proud of hunting it from vehicles.

Check out http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/spe...s.asp&sid=2769

I worked at NARC in Abu Dhabi for 3 years breeding these birds.
    take it easy its only O missing
    Great pictures.

Good hawking,

Dan McCarron
    thanx dan

im really sorry if i chose the wrong title
    forgive me plz u can change it or delete it i will understand thanx for u all guys
    GASSER

Great Pics, great title, great reference! Thanks for sharing.
    Chris Kimble - "Hit it Hard"

Quote Originally Posted by Zarafia View Post
    Thank you.
    I have always had a great appreciation and love of feathers. Honestly the ones in that last pic look to be falcon feathers.
    Here in the US we are not allowed to own feathers of native, migratory birds, except that falconers are allowed to keep moulted feathers from their falconry birds for imping. The law is to protect birds from people killing them for their feathers.
    I have kept exotic birds for many years and worked for a large parrot aviary and I have collected many feathers. My boss used to laugh and say, "At least it's a cheap hobby".
    If you truly have extra houbara feathers that you do not want, I would love to have some LOL. I love the red barred tailfeathers.
    I have also kept and raised arabian horses for most of my life. They are simply the finest horses. For fun, I have tried my hand at making "native costume" halters and bridles. Because I make them by hand and use the cowry shells some so called "experts" have looked at my bridles and said they were real and authentic LOL. I don't ever remember seeing real native bridles or halters made with houbara feathers, but I would like to make one for my mare. She is a great granddaughter of Ofir.
    oh i miss understood i thought u r talking about falcon feathers,but i promiss u when the season come i will keep some hubara feathers for u,and for sure the arabian horses r the best

Thanks Lure, that does just about sum it up! I am NOT anti-houbara hunting, I am just pro-sustainable take...as I am with all hunting. The hunting laws need to be based on biology and surely they are not. It is too bad.

Thank you for your response.
    and thanx for ur open minded 2

Quote Originally Posted by tony123abc View Post
    This thread has opened some interesting issues to me. Are the houbara considered endangered in the ME and the rest of their range? And if so, what considerations are being taken to protect the wild numbers? Some would say what you do is not justifiable. Especially from the warmth of their homes 6000 miles away. Me, I am still undecided. Do you and the locals who fly with you see it the same way? Can falconry be sustained if the houbara is decimated? Is it tradition alone, or are the houbara numbers high enough that limited hunting can be continued? Are there any productive houbara captive breeding programs in place that have govt. support in the ME? Were the ones in the pic wild raised or captive raised release birds? What about the erneb? Has it suffered too? Do all, or rather the majority, of ME falconers use vehicles for pursuit? Why not on foot? Why not hunt with a more realistic concept of fair chase? Personally, I find the physical aspect and conditioning requirements of my flying to be a major draw. I don't want to seem insulting, I just do not know the thinking of what goes on in your areas and I am very interested. Also, the more info you can give us here in the USA the better we will understand what you guys do. Thanks, Tony
    its 1 45 am here now so we can discuss this tomoro i hope

Quote Originally Posted by chris kimble View Post
    Great Pics, great title, great reference! Thanks for sharing.
    u r the greatest one here thanx alot
    GASSER

Wonderful picture. That is exactly the type of bridle I was talking about, with the braiding and cowry shells. I have always had trouble making the cavesson (noseband). I use heavy gold plated large link chain, but have never been able to make the leaf-like hanging pieces (if you see what I mean).
    Yes, I would love some houbara feathers next year.
    My mare is a small bay mare who I raised from birth. I was there when she was just two hooves coming from her mother, she nickered to me first and I carried her around her first day when she couldn't figure out how to get back in the stall.
    I asked God for a filly, for a mare who would prefer my company to that of other horses, and a mare who would come back to me when I fell off.
    He gave me all those things in her. Sadly I forgot to ask for a mare who would tolerate a falcon, and a mare who would not spook LOL. I also forgot to ask for the skill to ride such an athletic mare. So, yes, she comes back when I fall off, and she comes to me whenever I call her, prefering my company to other horses.
    She is classically beautiful. She is not big like they want in the showring, but she is pure and completely true arabian, and I love her.
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

Looking at that picture I just have to reply again.
    Perfect arabian. Small ears like a stallion, but the gentle expression of a mare. I love the fleabitten grey color. Probably born chestnut but will be almost solid white at twenty years or so. That color only suits an arabian IMO.
    Beautifuly dished face, large jibbah (sp?).
    So is that a stallion or a mare? Also, is it common to clip the bridal path so long on a horse there who is not shown?
    My old horse (my first horse) was an eqyptian arabian gelding. Black as night and smarter than any horse I have ever known. His name was Pashas Shadow, son of Serr Pasha out of Bint Zarafia (hence my screen name, I was Pasha's mother for twenty two years, so I took his mother's name). Pasha had a lovely mane and I never cut a brible path, I simply parted his hair and used a simple bridle on him.
    I love the look of a natural mane on an arabian horse, even though showpeople think that a long bridal path accentuates their graceful neck.
    Ok, I've rambled on way to much here. Sorry about that.
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

Thread Information