Thread: New here from Spokane, Wa.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New here from Spokane, Wa.

My name is Rick....I am currently moving forward looking into the apprentice program here in Washington. As a teenager (actually 12) I was training kestrels then moved to Red tails. At the ripe age of 16, had to let the birds go and deal with some other issues. However....I never lost my love and fascination for these incredible birds.

Just wanting to introduce myself. Looks like a great site!

Rick!

This is a great website, with great people to answer any questions you may have.

Hi Rick,
    You are in good company, there are several great falconers in your area, enjoy!
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Thanks guys....just feels great to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    My name is Rick....I am currently moving forward looking into the apprentice program here in Washington. As a teenager (actually 12) I was training kestrels then moved to Red tails. At the ripe age of 16, had to let the birds go and deal with some other issues. However....I never lost my love and fascination for these incredible birds.

Just wanting to introduce myself. Looks like a great site!
    Hi Rick!
    How long have you lived in WA? I wanna say that Al Gardner still lives in Spokane... he used to be the apprentice coordinator for the WFA, not sure if he still holds a position or not, but he would be a great contact. If you don't already have his email, I can send you a PM.
    Michelle M., Fort Thomas, AZ.

Default Hello from the Gorge

Hi Rick,

My wife and I are just getting to our apprenticeship phase this fall. We just got our falconry licenses and will be starting off with Kestrels. We're a bit of a drive from Spokane but hopefully we'll see you at one of the WFA meets. That would be a great place to meet some people and get into the community here. Should be getting notice soon of when and where the next meet will be. If you PM me your email address, we'll keep you posted.

Trapping season starts in just a few weeks so you might even be able to hook up with someone and watch that aspect too.

Dan (and Kate)
    Dan

Winsor...Thank you so much for the friendly post...i would very much like to go to one of the "meets". When and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    Winsor...Thank you so much for the friendly post...i would very much like to go to one of the "meets". When and where?
    I haven't heard yet any dates for the meet. The WFA summer picnic was just last month. We went to a meet last year in November and it was in Ephrata, WA. The WA meets are usually held in the Ephrata, Soap Lake area from what I hear.

Also there'll probably be an OR falconer's meet around the same time too. Last year that was in Madras. From what I hear, lots of their meets are there too.

Keep in touch and feel free to PM me anytime.
    Dan

Thanks...very helpful. See you there....hopefully!

Thread Information